Speaking of soundbars, you should know that there are some incredible pieces on the market. However, the price doesn’t fall behind. But, of course, there are also such audio devices, or should we call them soundbars, that comes at an affordable price and can absolutely impress you with sound quality.
That’s why in today’s article, we are going to focus on soundbars that cost less than $300. In our previous guide, we discussed those under $200. There are also some quality pieces over there. So if you think that $300 might be above your budget, you want to refer to this guide(link to the $200 article). The article reviews the best soundbars under $200 and provides an in-depth buying guide that can surely help you make the right decision.
However, if you feel that you can spend $100 more to get a soundbar that really makes a difference, then this is the guide you want to stick with. We review some of the top soundbars under $300 that produce an outstanding sound performance. After reading this article, you will have comprehensive knowledge about which are the best soundbars under $300. And how to choose one if you already have something in mind.
Our round-up of the best soundbars under $300 is based on hundreds of authorized articles and reviews. That way, we will provide you with the best audio devices available on the market right now. So put your mind at peace because you will be able to choose a high-quality soundbar no matter what. And everything you need to know about every single device will be thoroughly explained.
After thoroughly reading this buying guide, you will be able to escape most of the mistakes people make. An example would be the hidden costs. It’s something that an ordinary person who doesn’t know a thing about soundbars won’t be able to escape. And after taking an in-depth look in today’s article…
You are going to get your hands on an affordable soundbar that delivers impressive sound and bass performance.
So without further ado: Let’s dive straight into this comprehensive guide and see which are the best picks for your needs and your TV setup.
Best Soundbars Under $300 Reviews
Vizio SB3821-C6 38-inch 2.1
A soundbar that is capable of outperforming many of its competitors in its price range would be the Vizio SB3821-C6 38-inch 2.1 Channel SoundBar. This particular model is a 2.1 channel soundbar that provides two upward-firing speakers. In the package, you can also find a wireless subwoofer, which adds significantly to the overall sound quality. This soundbar is square-shaped and has a 5-inch side. The soundbar has an attractive design with black and silver parts. Another cool feature of the soundbar is that it comes with LED lights that indicate when something is turned on or off, and they show the volume range. Most of the buttons can be found on the front side of the soundbar, and the input/output ports can be located on the rear side of the audio device. As stated above, the soundbar comes with a wireless subwoofer. The subwoofer supplements exceptionally well to the overall sound.
It also produces a crisp and clear surround sound so you can immerse into the cinema world without any problems. It makes the dialogues and conversations between people sound clear and coherent. The best part of it is that it comes with built-in Bluetooth technology. And this allows you to use the soundbar as a stereo device and be able to connect it to your phone or tablet.
- Dimensions: 38x3x3 inches
- Channels: 2.1 channel soundbar
- Connections: RCA, 3.5mm, digital optical, and USB ports, no HDMI input
- Weight: 5.8 pounds
- It is priced at $200
- Wireless subwoofer
- Premium audio with Dolby Digital decoding, plus DTS TruVolume and DTS audio post-processing
- It provides a simple yet unique design that supplements the TV setup in a pleasant view
- Impressive sound quality so you can fully experience any movie moment.
- Wireless subwoofer added that improves the bass performance by making it deep and rich.
- Built-in Bluetooth connection: You can connect it to your mobile, laptop, or PC and use it as a stereo device
- A single remote is included in the package, which makes it convenient to operate it manually.
- An aptX low latency codec is missing, which means you won’t be able to watch movies via Bluetooth or experience some significant delays.
- The frequency span ranges are between 50Hz and 19 Hz. This means it will be hard to provide some rockstar bass if you are keen on metal music.
- A static voice might occur when connected through Bluetooth or Aux jack.
Overall, the soundbar comes with an eye-catching design. It provides some excellent sound and surrounds sound performance through the wireless subwoofer. The subwoofer really helps to clear and crisp dialogues so you can get a relaxing movie experience. The Vizio SB3821-C6 38-inch 2.1 Channel SoundBar is given a 4.0 out of 5.0-star review. It is a decent option on the market, and it is the perfect pick for people who like kind of relaxing movies.
Zvox AccuVoice AV200
If you’re searching for a small and compact soundbar that can fit anywhere near your TV setup, then the Zvox AccuVoice AV200 Soundbar is you’ve been searching for. What is unique about this particular one is that it comes with a hearing aid system. This technology crystal clears dialogues and conversations between people. It is perfect for older people because of its crisp and clear sound effects. Another cool feature is that it can automatically lower down the loud advertisements during movies or any other sound that might seem higher than average.
It is relatively easy to install it since it’s meant for older people and can be placed in front of your TV on top of the table. On the display side, you can see the volume range and on the right side are displayed most of the buttons, including the power button. Input/output ports are located on the rear side of the soundbar. It perfectly fits for small apartments and bedrooms. Since it has a built-in hearing aid system, it’s appropriate for people who have hearing problems. A downside of this audio device would be that it isn’t built for high-quality sound or bass performance. It comes with a convenient remote control that is relatively easy to use.
- Dimensions: 17×2.9×3.1 inch
- Channels: 2.1 channel soundbar
- Connections: 6-inch long digital optical cable, 58-inch long RCA cable, AC power adapter
- Built-in hearing aid technology
- Audio power: 24W
- It is priced at $178.
- Constructed from aluminum materials
- It is made from high-quality materials thus it is expected to last longer
- The built-in hearing aid technology creates super-clear conversation, thus helping older people hear brighter and better.
- It is compact and can be placed almost anywhere.
- It provides a deep surround sound performance so you can experience every movie scene at its maximum
- It might sound good, but it is primarily made for older people who have hearing problems. That is why a hearing aid system is included in this model.
- It quiets down some louder scenes, but it can overdo it so it can create a problem for you not hearing well some of the movie moment.
- It doesn’t have available Bluetooth or Wi-Fi support, and HDMI and USB input ports are also missing.
After taking all this into consideration, this compact soundbar is perfect if you have hearing problems. It will clear and make conversations crisp to provide excellent surround sound performance. It is a 2.1 channel configuration, and it comes with two speakers, one to the left and one to the right side. It is assessed at 4.5 out of 5.0 stars review, and it is well suitable for smaller rooms and bedrooms.
Avantree Torpedo Plus Low Latency Laptop
This one is pretty similar to the previous model, and it is called Avantree Torpedo Plus Low Latency Laptop Mini Soundbar. It is a small soundbar, yet it provides impressive sound quality and bass performance. The battery of this soundbar can last up to 7 hours, and only 3 to 4 hours are required for a recharge. What is cool here is that a passive radiator is built into the body of the soundbar and delivers deep and rich bass performance. And the best part of it is that it is priced at only $60. You might be wondering why this soundbar is in this round-up of under $300. The reason for putting it here is that its quality and features can be compared to the soundbars that are listed over here too. For only 60 bucks you get an impressive design, an excellent sound quality, and a well-performing bass.
On the front side, you can find a built-in black grille that protects the speakers. On the right side are located most of the buttons, including the power button. And similar to the previous models you can find the input/output ports at the backside. It is very light, it is made from plastic, and most importantly, it supports a Bluetooth system. So you can connect it to your phone, tablet, or laptop to use it as a stereo device.
- Dimensions: 1.9×10.8×2.3 inches
- Channels: 2.0 channel soundbar
- Connections: 3.5mm audio cable, USB charging cable, power adapter
- 3D Surround System included
- It is made of plastic materials.
- It is priced at $60
- Bluetooth technology is also included.
- It provides a high-quality sound and bass performance so you can fully experience any moment of the movie you are watching
- It has a straightforward and unique design that fits perfectly with most of the TV setups.
- The soundbar is delivered with a remote control that makes it easy and convenient to operate it.
- The 3D Surround Sound system builds an impressive surround sound that allows you to completely immerse into the movie you’re watching or the game you are playing.
- It comes at an affordable price so any person can afford
- It might create a good surround sound but do not expect to replace the hole surround sound system
- You have to use low latency transmitters to watch movies via Bluetooth without experiencing delays.
- It’s lacking some features that most of the soundbars in its price range have available so an upgraded version would be OK.
All in all, it is a small and compact soundbar that provides impressive sound quality and ranks high in the rankings among its competitors. It is a perfect option for people who are looking for the cheapest pick with a good sound and bass performance. It has a built-in 3D Surround Sound technology that significantly improves the surround sound. This product is given a 4.3 out of 5.0 stars review. It’s perfect for people who have a single purpose – excellent sound quality.
When speaking of audio devices, it is worth mentioning the Samsung brand. That’s why our next pick is the Samsung HW-M360/ZA 2.1 Channel Wireless Soundbar. If you aren’t familiar with what Samsung means to the audio world, let me give you a quick brief: Samsung is simply the greatest on this market. They are entirely dominating because of their fascinating products. That’s why a Samsung soundbar definitely deserves a spot in our round-up of the best soundbars under $300. When it comes to terms of sound and bass performance, we could simply call this Samsung soundbar an “audio beast” in its price range category. It comes with 2.1 channel soundbar and wireless subwoofer. The combined power of both devices is around 200W.
It might look straightforward, but the design is exquisite. On the front display, you can find indicators that show the input, model, and volume range. Similar to its competitors on the right side is located a large number of buttons. And on the back, you can find the input and output ports that establish a connection with the TV setup. You need to install the mobile app to control the soundbar manually. This can be infuriating for some, but for others, it’s really convenient to use that type of remote control.
- Dimensions: 35.7×11.8×13.9 inches
- Channels: 2.1 channel soundbar
- Connections: one digital audio input port, micro USB port, 3.5mm aux port, and the 19V DC port
- Controlled by the Samsung app
- It’s priced around $200
- Audio power: 200W (including the subwoofer)
- Bluetooth support is available.
- Incredible sound and bass performance allow you to dive into the cinema world entirely and experience every movie moment
- It comes at an affordable price for its features and outputs.
- Bluetooth is available, and you can use it as a stereo device connecting it to your mobile or tablet.
- It’s relatively easy to install, just follow the manual.
- It combines perfectly with a Samsung TV, creating a beautiful view.
- Since the subwoofer is wireless, there is no need to place it near the soundbar. You can put it where it suits you the best.
- The sound might become deafening and irritate some people
- The Samsung mobile app is required for operating the soundbar. It can be inconvenient for some people.
- aptX low latency codec is missing. This means you might experience delays when watching movies through Bluetooth.
After all, the soundbar is designed by Samsung and comes with heaps of features. That means it provides a fantastic sound and bass quality so you can fully dive into the cinema world and fall in love with your home theatre. It is operated through the Samsung mobile app, and the soundbar can also be used as a stereo device. If you’re keen on metal music and action movies such as Avengers then the Samsung HW-M360/ZA 2.1 Channel Wireless Soundbar is the one you want to pick. The product is assessed on 4.3 out of 5.0-star reviews.
Polk Audio MagniFi Mini Home Theater
The Polk Audio MagniFi Mini Home Theater might be unheard for most people. But what you need to know here is that when it comes to sound quality, this soundbar can produce it in large quantities. Similar to the Samsung model, we can also call this one an audio beast. However, this model is priced at the very edge of $300, but if you’re lucky enough and order it sooner rather than later, you can get it for $200. It is a 2.1 channel soundbar and has 2 built-in speakers. It comes with an external subwoofer, and both the soundbar and subwoofer are incredibly lightweight. And this subwoofer supplements the bass performance exceptionally well. The total audio power can reach up to 150W, which is a lot. If you are a metal fan, you will fall in love with this soundbar.
On the top side of the soundbar is the place where you find the control panel with touch-sensitive buttons, including the power button. At the back of the audio device, you can locate the connection ports. What is cool about this audio-producing piece is that it has an HDMI available and you’ll be able to escape cable clutter. Wi-Fi is also available, and you can use it for listening to music from your mobile or laptop.
- Dimensions: 3.2×4.3×13.4 inches and the 7.4×14.4×14.4 inches are on the subwoofer
- Channels: It is a 2.1 channel soundbar
- Connections: HDMI input, optical, aux, USB, Wi-Fi, and Ethernet
- Weight: 3.9 pounds and the subwoofer weighs 8.1 pounds
- It’s discounted at $200
- Audio power: 150W
- Dolby Digital 2.0 and 5.1 are supported as well as DTS audio format.
- Produces incredible audio power and sound performance so you can completely immerse into the movie atmosphere
- Dialogues and conversations are pretty clear and crisp so you won’t have to strengthen your ears to hear what’s been talked about.
- The soundbar and subwoofer are lightweight and small, and they can fit in most of the places easily.
- The soundbar delivers an exciting design that when combined with your TV setup, creates a beautiful view.
- The soundbar isn’t wall-mountable and can be placed only on a table
- While this soundbar produces a fantastic sound and bass performance, the surround sound might lack in production.
Overall, this audio beast is made for gamers who love to be in the action atmosphere. It can also be used for thriller and shooting movies. The Polk Audio MagniFi Mini Home Theater delivers an outperforming bass performance that can completely rock your house. So if you are not keen on loud movies, you might consider skipping this option. However, the soundbar comes with an elegant design. An external subwoofer is also included and does quite an excellent job in providing in-depth and vibrant bass. The product is assessed on 3.7 out of 5.0-star review.
ZVOX Soundbase 570 30-inch
If you’re looking for a balanced option that delivers excellent sound, bass, and surround sound performance, then the ZVOX Soundbase 570 30-inch Soundbar is the one you want to stick with. This audio device is the most expensive soundbar on our list. Yet, cool features and amazing sound quality make it up for the price. It is a 2.1 channel soundbar with two speakers and a built-in subwoofer. On the front side, you can notice a mesh covering or so-called “black grille” that protects the speakers and the subwoofer. Also, on the same side, you can locate a vast majority of the main buttons, including the power on/off switch. On the back can be found the input and output ports. The cool thing here is that this soundbar is quite compact and can save a lot of space. It suits perfectly for smaller rooms and bedrooms since it provides a decent sound and bass performance.
There are three ways from which you can manually control the soundbar. The first one is through its unique remote control. The second one is through the mobile app, and the third one is by pressing the buttons on the soundbar. So you have a wide variety of options which make it easy when operating the audio device. The voices are quite crisp, and this provides clear dialogues and conversations. The best part of the ZVOX soundbar is the vocals and the bass.
- Dimensions: 30×14.5×3.5
- Channels: It is a 2.1 channel soundbar
- Connections: two digital optical ports, two analog stereo ports, one coaxial input, power input
- Weight: 19 pounds
- It is priced at $250
- 5-inch integrated subwoofer
- Bluetooth technology is available.
- It delivers quite fascinating sound and bass performance so you can completely immerse into your favorite movie
- The Bluetooth support allows you to connect the soundbar to your mobile or tablet to use it as a stereo device.
- Multiple remote controls to make it convenient for you.
- The build-in subwoofer supplements the bass greatly.
- It delivers a pleasant view when combined with your TV setup.
- It is not wall-mountable and can be placed only on a table or on a shelve
- The bass performance can be infuriating at times.
After thoroughly reviewing this soundbar, we can say that it delivers excellent sound and bass quality. However, the bass can be overwhelming sometimes. It supports Bluetooth technology and can be manually controlled from three different ways. This soundbar is given 4.4 out of 5.0 stars review, and it’s a good fit for people who are looking for balance in surround sound and bass performance. Definitely a good pick. The only thing you should consider is your budget since it is the most expensive option from all the listed above.
What is the best soundbar under $300?
Without a doubt, the winner of our round-up would be the Samsung HW-M360/ZA 2.1 Channel Wireless Soundbar. As we said it earlier, Samsung is dominating the audio market at this moment. They are creating some really well-performing soundbars. And the Samsung HW-M360 proves it. This particular soundbar comes at a reasonable price of $200. It provides fantastic sound that will help you experience and feel any movie moment at its fullest.
The thing that differentiates the Samsung soundbar from its competitors is the audio power. Only the soundbar produces around 130W, and when connected to the wireless subwoofer, the total output increases to 200W. That is a tremendous amount of power and can absolutely rock your room.
To wrap this up, we will again state what’s unique in this outperforming soundbar and why is it the best from the listed above.
We already said that if it has a vast amount of audio power. But it also supports Bluetooth connection, which is perfect for people who want to use the soundbar as a stereo device. At the right side of the audio device, you can find most of the significant buttons, such as the power on/off the bottom. The soundbar delivers an overall attractive design, and when combined with a Samsung TV, it creates an outstanding view. It is manually operated by the Samsung app on your phone, which unfortunately is inconvenient for some people.
All in all, if you have wondered which is the best soundbar from the list above…
We have made it easy for you and you can directly jump into the store and order this soundbar right now.
However, if you have something else in mind, we assure you that you will make the right choice by creating an in-depth buying guide.
Buying a soundbar is not an easy decision to make, you have to admit it. That’s why we have prepared handy steps that will significantly help you in your purchasing process.
The first thing you should be aware of is your budget. Yes, this is simple, but the matter is that so many people exceed their spending limits, and the next they realize is where their money was gone. That’s why you have to define a precise range of your budget. Define the minimum and maximum, and don’t be afraid to add a few bucks more over your maximum limit.
The second thing you should consider is the sound quality. Isn’t the sound quality the most important thing we should take a look at? Yes, it is, but if you neglect other things such as bass, surround sound, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, 3D Surround Sound technology, hidden costs you might be disappointed by the “audio beast” you’ve chosen. Don’t get me wrong, there is no point of buying a soundbar that has low-quality sound performance. The catch is that you need to be aware of other things also.
Speaking of hidden costs… Hidden costs mean something you didn’t expect to pay for. We’ve explained it in detail in our previous guide (link to the $200 article). But if you don’t want to switch materials, I’m going to cover it briefly. Hidden costs are the cost that you pay for complicated installation. Some soundbars are easy to set up, but others are hard and require a technician to do the set up for you.
And, of course, you should also take a look at the features of the product. Does it have Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, some friendly audio system that can boost your bass performance. An example of systems like these would be the 3D Surround Sound technology. It supplements the surround sound output in a significant way. Another thing would be the subwoofers. If your soundbar is missing a subwoofer, you might experience low bass performance.
And the last thing we want to mention is the position your soundbar is going to be in. Do you want it on the wall or you want it to stand in front of your TV setup on a TV stand. This is your personal choice.
This buying guide will definitely help you make the right decision if you are looking for a soundbar in the marketplace. You will be able to escape common mistakes such as hidden costs which are crucial to your budget.
If you have a soundbar already or you just bought one under $300, leave a comment below, and we will be happy to take a look at your audio device too.