Soundbars aren’t only for those who can burn a thousand dollars in one go, there are a lot of affordable options to choose from. We have discovered great options for under 100, 150, and 200, all with quality pieces that can bring amazing audio into any home. So if you think that $300 might be above your budget, you could still get the best soundbars under $200.
However, if you feel that you can spend $100 more to get a soundbar that really makes a difference, then this is the guide you want to stick with. We reviewed some of the top soundbars under $300 that produce an outstanding sound performance.
The most important thing is for a soundbar to provide exceptional sound quality. Playing your favorite music and allowing for music streaming makes for the best listening experience. Let’s dive right in and find the best soundbar for tv.
Top 7 Soundbars Under $300 Reviews
We have a list for all budgets out there. We have discovered great options for under 100, 150, and 200. If you can afford something with a slightly higher price tag, we have a few suggestions for the best soundbar under 300. The most important thing is for a soundbar to provide exceptional sound quality. Playing your favorite music and allowing for music streaming makes for the best listening experience. Let’s dive right in and find the best soundbar for tv.
1 – Sony HT-S350 Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer
The first item on our list comes from Sony. A brand known for great surround speakers, you wouldn’t expect less from their soundbars. Soundbars under 300 can also possess a powerful subwoofer that makes the audio accompanying any movies and music.
The Sony sound bar comes with two channels and one wireless subwoofer for incredibly optimized sound. The purchase of the soundbar comes with a 6.30-inch speaker unit that pumps out a deeper and richer bass.
S-force pro technology offers virtual surround sound, creating a theater-like experience from the comfort of your couch.
With a whopping and impressive 7 sound modes (auto, cinema, music, game, news, sports and standard), get the most comprehensive experience all in one compact device
A smart feature the Sony HT-S350 has is the ability to isolate voices and amplifies them effectively over background noise, allowing you to never miss a detail or dialogue again.
Of course, we cannot forget about Bluetooth connectivity. You can stream your favorite movies, music and audiobooks from your mobile device with the best sounds.
Feel the bass from the subwoofer with a power output of 320W! Unfortunately, only the soundbar is wall mountable, the speaker unit needs to either sit on the ground or on your entertainment unit.
The setup is easy, just connect it to your TV or media device with the HDMI optical cable.
The included remote control is straightforward and easy to use, with the sound mode buttons labeled clearly.
- The Sony brand soundbar is a great investment within the 300 price range. It’s beautifully crafted with different textures.
- The Bluetooth connectivity makes it easy for music streaming from mobile devices.
- It comes with 2 channels and a powerful subwoofer capable of producing deep and rich bass you can feel in your body.
- S-force Pro provides virtual surround sound, the closest you can get from a soundbar alone.
- It offers different inputs, including an HDMI arc and optical, but no analog.
- The remote control is clearly labeled and lets you input your preferences such as volume without having to go up to the device.
- The voice enhancement features makes the spoken word even more prominent.
- The device possesses an impressive 7 sound modes that can easily be adjusted from the remote. Overall, great performance!
- The sound quality might be disappointing.
- The bluetooth is hard to pair.
2 – Samsung Harman Kardon 5.1 Soundbar HW-Q60R with Wireless Subwoofer
Samsung soundbars often receive a high rating online due to the amazing sound. For the 300 price range, you can get up to 5 channels and one subwoofer. Samsung also has higher priced soundbars with Dolby Atmos, higher wattage, and a higher frequency response.
The Samsung Harman Kardon soundbar integrates the innovation of the brand and the expertise of Harman Kardon to create a piece of technology that packs quite the punch.
The subwoofer and the beam itself work together with such precision and accuracy you can almost hear where the action is coming from on screen before you even see it. With adaptive sound technology, the sound bar and speakers work to optimize the audio effects on at any volume.
Claim glorious victories on game mode pro. The thunderous applause when you get a win is immersive and envelops the entire room.
The 4K pass-through with HDR10 gives you a seamless audio experience that will have no lag. Dive deep into your favorite movie or song with panoramic sound.
Out of the 5 channels, the center channel is dedicated to producing the best dialogue while supported by the other channels. As long as you are sitting directly in front of the beam, the words spoken will be crystal clear.
The separate wireless subwoofer delivers sound with real intensity and coupled with the adaptive sound, the device automatically configures the settings depending on the scene.
- Game mode pro transports you to the center of the action without missing a beat.
- The powerful wireless subwoofer stands to give you a more immersive and panoramic sound experience.
- The bluetooth connectivity allows for music streaming.
- For soundbars under 300, the sound quality is amazing on the Samsung Harmon Kardon that delivers balanced sound with technology created from expertise and skill.
- The 4K pass-through on these sounding bars present no lag and provide a seamless transition.
- Since it’s a Samsung product, it’s no wonder it’s optimized for their TVs. If you have a QLED flatscreen, then you’re in luck.
- Some consumers claim the sound quality is just average.
- The HDMI ARC might not be recognized.
- The Bluetooth connectivity is unstable.
3 – Bose Solo 5 TV Soundbar Sound System
When you think of powerful and crisp sound, you might think of Bose. Since we are looking at the best soundbar under 300, we are lucky Bose makes the cut. They have 3 different packages online each one with a high rating. You can choose the bundle with the soundbar and wall mount, the soundbar only, or the TV sound system with optical inputs.
If your built-in TV speakers aren’t enough, the Solo 5 will pick up where they failed providing crisp and clear sound with a high frequency response.
Connect the sound bar to your TV via different inputs including optical audio, coaxial audio, and aux.
With the universal remote, you can control everything with the simple push of a few buttons.
The drivers are put to work when you tune the bass from the palm of your hand.
Weighing just 3.73 pounds, the Bose soundbar is easy to move around, and disconnect and reconnect to different media devices.
The ultimate movie experience is achieved by having Full HD to 4K resolution, and of course, crystal clear sounds. Dolby digital technologies is what a lot of companies strive for to provide the best experience. If you aren’t able to get exactly that, Bose soundbars are the next best thing.
- The sound after your purchase of this soundbar will noticeably improve.
- The lightweight design makes the soundbar extremely versatile and easy to mount and move around.
- The bluetooth connection can pair with your mobile devices for easy streaming.
- The setup is easy with one connection to you TV, multiple input options and a universal remote control to setup everything.
- Some consumers claim the sound doesn’t live up to the Bose name.
- Stopped working very quickly.
4 – JBL Bar Home Theater Starter System
Forget DTS virtual surround sound, this JBL soundbar transforms your movie experience with its true wireless surround speakers. The soundbar itself has a total power output of 300W.
With Dolby Digital, and JBL surround system, your knowledge of what good sound is like will never be the same again.
The extra 6.5 inch wireless subwoofer will pump out the deep and thrilling bass that enhances any content you play. The placement is flexible, allowing you to enjoy rich sound without the clutter of wires.
This JBL soundbar features an HDMI input as well as an aux and USB wired connection that give you even more options when connecting to your media devices.
Of course, with the price tag you can expect Bluetooth features. You can stream music and enjoy enhanced sound while watching from a mobile device.
The slimmer design is able to sit on your entertainment unit hidden from sight and saving on space.
Although it might not come with a remote of its own, the JBL home theater soundbar is compatible with most TV remotes. This means you can program the soundbar to work with your existing TV remote, getting a 2-in-1 feature.
Your movie, video game, music and TV show will come alive with the impressive sound system that enhances your overall experience.
- It comes with Dolby Digital and JBL surround system, with enhanced audio blasting you from all angles.
- The extra 6.5 inch subwoofer just wouldn’t do the job if it was embedded in the beam. Instead, the powerful speaker can be placed anywhere you like.
- Bluetooth connectivity makes it easy to pair all your devices to the soundbar.
- Without a soundbar tv mount, the slimmer design can sit inconspicuously on the ground or on your TV cabinet.
- Your existing TV remote is most likely compatible with the JBL soundbar. With one remote you can control your entire home entertainment system!
- The amp is less than impressive.
- The subwoofer offered no improvement to the sound.
- The bluetooth might be unstable.
5 – Polk Command Sound Bar with Hands-Free Amazon Alexa Voice Control
In this price range, you are lucky to find a soundbar that features Alexa voice control, but Polk has one! While looking for soundbars under 300, we were not convinced that we could find one so you could imagine our excitement.
The Polk soundbar is built with Dolby and DTS surround sound to completely envelop you with high-quality sound. The device is compatible with fire TV, with built-in support for AMazon music, Pandora, iHeartRadio and other services!
Arguably the best part about this soundbar (minus the price) is the built-in Alexa voice control! You can stream music in multiple rooms and pair the device with your smart home devices too!
When an upgrade needs to be done, the system is automated to support them.
If you are lucky enough to have an ultra HD TV, this soundbar is compatible with it. Connect it to your TV with dual HDMI inputs and optical cables.
Fill the room with nothing but high-quality audio with the included wireless subwoofer. With the voice adjust technology, you can customize the levels to your liking.
- Virtual surround sound is achieved by the subwoofer, Dolby and DTS technology to offer you the best experience.
- The smart home control works with your other smart devices as well as garage doors, thermostats, and lights.
- Accessibility to Alexa provides the utmost convenience.
- Bluetooth allows you to stream music via multiple apps.
- The device even has Wi-Fi!
- The automated updates guarantee this soundbar is always learning and improving.
- Alexa may suddenly stop working.
- Customer service needs to improve.
- Failed to connect to WiFi
- A lot of bugs.
6 – WOHOME TV Sound Bar Wireless and Wired Home Theater System
A different design, this 40” soundbar is made for larger flatscreen TV’s. The full range speakers and 2 10W tweeters offer the best treble and audio quality with a frequency of 105 dB. Add more bass to your favorite music and movies.
The soundbar features both wired and wireless connections that can pair with Bluetooth up to 33 feet away! As for the wired connections, you have a choice from RCA, USB or optical inputs with RCA and optical cables provided with your purchase. For optical connection, change the TV audio output to PCM (a digital signal used to represent analog data, optional in many TVs).
The DSP system with the 3D surround sound technology, upgrade your home theater for under 300! Choose from different sound modes to find the best sound balance depending on what’s on your screen, whether it’s music, dialogue, or other content.
Setup and usability is super simple. You can choose to utilize the remote or the control buttons on the side of the soundar to set the volume, sound modes, and input.
What’s more, a mount kit is provided with your purchase to give you the option of wall mounting or just placing it on your entertainment cabinet.
One of the best parts of this purchase is the 100% satisfaction guarantee and lifetime technical support.
- The 40” soundbar with 4 full-range speakers, 2 tweeters (a total of 6 drivers), shows you what true surround sound is about.
- For the affordable price of under 300, most soundbars do not come with surround sound. However, the DSP and surround system makes this a great deal for your money.
- It’s super easy to use and control with the included remote or control panel on the device itself.
- The mount kit is provided should you choose to save more space.
- With your purchase there is a 100% satisfaction guarantee along with a lifetime of technical support.
- The rounded soundbar design allows for a more comprehensive sound and reach.
- It might stop working in under a year.
7 – VIZIO SB3821-C6 38-inch 2.1 Channel Soundbar
At 100 dB (decibels), there is minimal harmonic distortion or lag with this device. It comes with a wireless subwoofer speaker that enhances that beloved bass.
With the simple tap of your finger, pair your device with the built-in bluetooth to effortlessly stream your favorite movies and music.
Equipped with Dolby Digital decoding, DTS Truvolume, and DTS post audio processing, you will receive nothing but premium audio.
Since everything is wireless nowadays, the remote is too. Use it to conveniently set the proper volume level, input and sound modes.
To get immersive sound, you can place the subwoofer anywhere within 60 feet of the soundbar. Just make sure it’s in its line of sight.
You can choose to pair the wireless subwoofer or not, but if you do, you will get deep bass that can be felt with every fiber of your body.
The streamlined and slim design fits easily in small spaces and keeps out of the way.
- Fill the room with 100 dB of crystal clear sound with minimal harmonic distortion.
- Easily pair your electronic devices with this soundbar from Vizio.
- With Dolby Digital decoding, DTS Truvolume, and DTS post audio processing, it will be hard to find soundbars that match the audio quality.
- The wireless remote allows for easy setup and configuration.
- The extra wireless subwoofer will enhance the bass to a whole new level.
- The slim and compact size is easy to store and move around.
- The speakers may crackle.
- Spontaneously turns off after a few months.
Our Top Pick: WOHOME TV Sound Bar
For the best soundbar under 300, we have the WOHOME TV Sound Bar.
It has the least complaints and has quite a high rating online. This is no doubt due to the total of 6 drivers (4 full-range speakers and 2 tweeters) as well as the surround system, among other features.
Immersive sound is what most sound bars strive for. Being able to achieve it with this design is quite an accomplishment. What’s more, the installation is incredibly easy for newbies and audiophiles alike. You won’t have a hard time with the setup.
You can choose to mount it on the wall or place it right under the TV.
The included remote can be used to set all your preferred settings just once without ever having to do it again. Not to mention the customer service, technical support and 100% satisfaction on the performance.
What to Look for When Buying the Best Soundbar Under 300
For under 300, it’s still considered a budget soundbar. Any soundbar worth its name will have an impressive subwoofer. Many models include a separate wireless one because it’s just too powerful for its own good to be embedded in the beam itself. One of the worst things audiophiles and cinephiles can experience is the dissatisfaction with audio quality. But not to worry, that’s where the soundbar comes in. So what features can you expect with the best soundbars under 300?
The first thing is definitely the subwoofer. The subwoofer is what gives your new sound bar the power to project sound, namely the bass. Ever want to feel the satisfaction of a few powerful woofers at once and feel the beat and adrenaline coursing through your body? Then you need to make sure this feature is included and high-end. Hear the rumbling of the thunder before you even see it on screen. The richer bass is essentially what makes a good sound bar. The best thing is if there are more than one subwoofers included or if they are separate. A subwoofer boosts the performance tenfold.
What does it mean when the product description claims the speaker has 2, 3, 5, or 7 channels? They are basically the sound produced from a single point. If your speaker has 2 channels, it means the sound comes from two different points on your sound bar. If you put 2 and 2 together, you can make out that the more channels you have, the better the sound quality and the more immersive the audio effect is.
How does the newly bought device connect to your TV? Some might be wireless and have bluetooth and/or Wifi built-in. This saves your house from the clutter of wires and allows you to pair other devices to the soundbar as well. As for wired connections, there might be an HDMI input, AUX, USB, Coaxial and/or optical options. We have learned that if the Bluetooth or Wifi connection isn’t especially stable, it could make the soundbar very difficult to use, somewhat reducing overall performance.
Since most technology can be controlled remotely, chances are your purchase will come with a remote control. If it doesn’t there might be a compatible app you can download, which is also useful if you lose the remote. However, you might even be able to configure it to work with universal remotes or the existing one that belongs to your TV. You can set everything without having to get up from your chair. If all else fails, a lot of devices have the control panel built in if you run out of options.
Smart functions enhance the performance of a soundbar. When we refer to a smart device, it means it’s largely automated. Certain smart functions the higher end soundbars (or if you’re lucky, one within 300), will have include:
- Voice Enhancement – The soundbar detects a lot of background noise during a scene where the characters have a whispered conversation and enhances the speech.
- Volume Leveling – These features will ensure everything played on the screen is at a relatively balanced level. You won’t suddenly get a commercial that is much louder than the content playing.
- Automated sound detection – The soundbar will automatically find the optimal settings (sound mode) for your content.
- Self-Update/Self-Detected Update – Being able to automatically update like your mobile device will keep the software up to date with the latest technology.
- Alexa (or something similar) – You will be able to control everything via the app. Link the soundbar to the rest of your smart devices to create the ultimate smart home.
This is another smart function that we needed an entire section to introduce. You will be able to tell your soundbar what to do, without having to use the remote at all. Having voice control in the form of a virtual assistant will greatly lessen the work you need to do by figuring out how the setup works, and what the best settings are. Simply communicate what you want to the soundbar and voila!
We touched upon this a little, but the sound modes on the soundbar while aren’t pressing, do enrich your overall experience. The modes such as news, movie, sports, game, etc. will already have optimized settings programmed in. This means the soundbar comes with the best sound levels, bass and treble to give you the best performance whether you’re listening to dialogue, music, or movies.You can either set this yourself or direct the soundbar to via voice control.
Where are you going to place your new toy? For wall mounted TVs, you may want to mount the bar right under it. You also have the option of placing it on a table or on the TV cabinet. You can play around to find the best sound in accordance to where you sit. To be able to do this, soundbars that are lightweight and compact make the best choice. If you are going to permanently secure the sounding bar, then this is less of an issue. Many products have the mount or a mounting kit included in the price.
While most soundbars look like just a single black bar that spans the length of your TV, there are a few with color options. The Sony soundbar for example is very sleek and consists of different finishes to give it a higher-end design. Although the appearance should not be at the top of your list, aesthetics are still a popular criterion for some people. However, we don’t recommend shelling out the big bucks just because you are sold on the look and design.
For your protection, we strongly suggest buying a product that comes with at least one, or both. The warranty (for however long they offer), will allow you to get your product fixed if something goes wrong. The guarantee will leave you room for exchanges and returns. If guarantees and/or warranties are offered by the manufacturer, you can expect a certain standard in the quality. For your own peace of mind, we strongly urge you to look for products that are covered.
Are TV Soundbars Worth It?
In short, absolutely! They enhance the sound and enrich your overall movie experience. Although if you are buying a $70 sound bar, chances are it just functions as a mini speaker. Their biggest role is to offer higher audio quality than just TV speakers alone.
The soundbars can range greatly in price, and this is due to the features they have. From under 100 to over 1000, you can be sure you are getting different components.
Some of you may be thinking your TV speakers sound just fine. While some of you are alright with mediocre sound, most of the people out there want a more expansive and encompassing sound. Especially since a much advertised feature of TVs nowadays is how thin they are. You can imagine that leaves little to no space for traditional speakers that do the job.
You will come across soundbars that have separate woofers and tweeters for added amplification, but some have them built-in. We spent most of our time explaining why soundbars are worth it and all the different features you will get.
What about the downsides?
If you are alright with the uniform shape of all soundbars, then you’re good to go. Another downside is, funnily enough, the very thing they are supposed to improve – the sound. Yes, most of them do help enhance the sound of the TV, and do perform better than mini speakers, but they do not compare to regular speakers. Again, the culprit is the size. Soundbars are too compact to allow for all the necessary parts and components needed to give the best sound possible.
As humans we prize convenience, design, and apparently how small and compact we can make things. But that isn’t to say there aren’t concessions we need to make for the size of these devices.
Is it worth it? Well, most people would say so if you are willing to shell out the cash, and you might even find one within your budget that would suffice.
All in all, soundbars are useful devices (more about it here) you should consider if the sound from your TV just isn’t doing the trick. You might not share in the excitement when your favorite team scores a goal or when your favorite song comes on. Finding a soundbar that is compatible with your TV will definitely make Netflixing much more enjoyable. Although if you aren’t willing to pay a decent price, you might end up with soundbars that barely have an audible difference compared to your TV (as we have seen some consumers claim). If you don’t want that to be you, then you should be looking at soundbars for a few hundred dollars and that come with a guarantee and warranty just in case.