This article is for those who are looking to get a high-quality soundbar. Yet they are tight on budget and don’t want to spend several hundred or thousands on a soundbar. And in this guide, we’re going to focus on soundbars that cost less than $200. If you’re interested in more expensive ones, check our comparison for the top soundbars under 300 dollars.
And those sound bars can change how you experience the cinema world. Being used to built-in TV speakers can give you a decent movie or gaming experience. But if you want to dive into the audio world fully, then a soundbar is what you need.
However, not every person is capable of purchasing an expensive soundbar. That is why, as stated above, we’re going to take a focused look at cheaper options.
To complete this guide, we have designed a round-up of the best soundbar under $200. We managed to do that by reading the vast majority of articles, checking hundred product reviews, and also taking an in-depth look at some of the best soundbars articles out there. So you can put your mind at peace knowing that the sound bars we’re offering you in this article are on top of the pile in the marketplace right now. And they will provide nothing but only a top-notch quality of sound. You will be able to get your hands on some of the best audio devices for under just $200.
A large number of people make the mistake of not reading soundbar buying guides like this one, and they just enter into some random tech shop. The seller offers them some cheap option under $200 just to make the sale. And after a couple of months of using the soundbar, the customer finds out that the soundbar he bought wasn’t worth it. Problems started to occur, and nothing could be done about that.
When you are done reading this useful and informative buying guide, you’ll be able to escape people’s frequent mistakes. You then can buy an affordable soundbar that perfectly fits your TV setup or Blu-Ray players and creates incredible home theater experience. And since you have made it this far, that shows you are serious about buying a high-quality soundbar for under $200…
And the rest of this article is something you want to read.
Top Soundbars Under 200 Reviews
The soundbar that is heading our list is the VIZIO SB2821- D6. VIZIO might be unheard for a lot of people. But the thing that they’re striving to give to their products is durability and incredible sound performance. This particular model costs around $130 right now on Amazon. It provides a quite good sound compared to its competitors. The best thing here is that it comes in a package with a wireless subwoofer. Of course, you can also find a cheaper option without an external subwoofer. But if you want to experience movies you watch through day or night fully, a subwoofer will do the job correctly. It provides deep bass that offers a bustling atmosphere, and it fits perfectly with metal music or action movies.
It is with a 2.1 channel configuration, which means it has two not bluetooth speakers. One to the left and one to the right. This might result in not so good surround sound performance, so you want to keep this in mind also. Know that when looking for a soundbar under $200…
You can’t find a device that will have all these fancy features and the fantastic bass boost and surround sound performance. However, VIZIO SB2821- D6 is pretty close to the high-end sound bars.
- Dimensions: Range Drivers account for 2 x 2.5 inches
- Channels: It is wide 28 inches, a 2.1-channel soundbar.
- Connections: 4′ digital optical cable, 5′ coaxial cable, USB, HDMI is missing
- A 1-year warranty is available.
- It is wall mountable.
- There is a wireless subwoofer available.
- Sound power is around 95 dB
- Bluetooth audio connectivity is available (smart phones too)
- It has impressive features and sound quality for its price range
- A 1-year warranty is available which keeps your mind at peace for a one-year forward
- It is built from high-quality materials, thus becoming a durable and long-lasting soundbar.
- The wireless subwoofer adds amazingly to the overall sound performance.
- Problems might occur during the setup
- It is a 2.0 configuration, which means that it’s not enough to support good surround sound.
Overall, this is a high-quality soundbar and can be one of the best audio devices on the market right now under $200. Another cool feature is that it comes with built-in LED lights but shows the sound range. It’s designed with Dolby Digital sound and DTS TruSurround system. That way you can rest assured that you’ll be able to experience your movies or games at maximum. This model is given a 9.7 out of 10 review points. It’s a great option to take if your budget is around $130.
Samsung HW J355
When we are reviewing the best soundbars no matter what’s the price range, Samsung always has a place on those lists. This is where the Samsung HW J355 is taking place. And you probably know that Samsung is dominating the market of the sound bars at this moment. So why not pick an option from a company that you know is trustworthy and always provides high-quality products? That’s why we have made it easy for you. We have thoroughly reviewed this product. And listed its main features and benefits that distinguish him from the other products on the market.
What do you need to know here is that this soundbar also comes with 2.1 channels. As you already know, this means that only two speakers are available. However, the Samsung soundbar HW J355 comes with a 3D Sound Plus, which makes it up for the 2 not bluetooth speakers. This completes the surround sound and allows you to dive into the cinema world fully. A subwoofer is also included in this package. The subwoofer fully adds to the soundbar’s design and its audio quality. This is a fantastic option that you can pick for around $150.
- Dimensions: 37 x 2.6 x 2.3 inches
- Connections: Optical cable, USB, and Aux are available too. HDMI input is missing
- Channels: 2.1-channel sound bar
- It is wall-mounted
- 1-year warranty available
- This Samsung model comes with the mobile app from where you can manually control the soundbar
- It has a straight-forward installation, just need to follow the manual.
- It offers incredible sound performance.
- The 1-year warranty will keep you relaxed for a year forward.
- Bluetooth connectivity is also available. That way not only will you be able to connect to your TV with soundbar but you can also establish a connection with your mobile, tablet, or laptop.
- It is an outstanding soundbar for under $200
- It is not a wireless subwoofer
- It might be Samsung, but for under $200, it’s one of the primary products of the brand.
After all, it is a decent soundbar for its price tag and provides good surround sound so you can completely relax and feel the movie atmosphere. A subwoofer is available and offers a deep bass so you can completely dive into your favorite movie moments. This product is given a 9.4 out of 10 review points, and it is a good option if you’re looking for a quality audio experience for under $200.
Looking for a low priced yet quality soundbar? The Yamaha YAS-108 might be the option you’re looking for. It is a fantastic soundbar for just $170. It comes with built-in subwoofer that offer deep bass so you can complete transfer yourself and your home theater into the cinema world. It supports the DTS Virtual:X technology which provides an enveloping audio quality and some sound modes. What’s cool about this soundbar is that is compatible for 4K TVs and does that through HDCP 2.2, 4:4:4 color, and HDR10 and HLG HDR HDR standards. The Yamaha YAS-108 not only provides you with high-quality sound but also creates a beautiful view when installed near your TV.
Similar to the previous Samsung model, the Yamaha YAS-108 has the feature 3D Sound Plus. This helps the subwoofers create a compelling surround sound. That way you can fully experience every single moment of the movie you’re watching or the game you’re playing. It comes with a built-in transparent voice that significantly helps to crystal clear the dialogue delivery. The overall sound remains untouched, and you additionally get a powerful bass and vibrant surround sound performance.
- Dimensions: 35 x 2-1/8 x 5-1/8 inches
- Connections: A stereo mini jack, optical cable, and HDMI is available
- Channels: 2.2 channel sound bar
- It’s wall-mounted
- 2-year warranty
- Unlike the previous soundbars, this one comes with an HDMI input
- It is delivered with a 2-year warranty which will keep you in peace not for one before two years.
- Offers incredible sound performance and dialogue quality for a soundbar under $200
- You can connect it with two devices through Bluetooth simultaneously.
- It supports DTS Virtual:X, which provides an outstanding audio quality.
- Doesn’t support the Yamaha’s Music cast multi-room audio technology
- It requires additional external wireless subwoofer for more rich and in-depth bass.
All in all, it’s an excellent choice for its price, which provides an outperforming sound quality among its competitors. It supports 2.2 channel configuration, which is similar to the previous soundbars. However, it’s also quite similar to the Samsung model. It comes with a 3D Sound Plus, which helps to increase the overall performance of the surround sound. So if you’re looking for an option that provides all decent sound performance, bass quality, and surround sound…
And most importantly, it is cheap then this is the soundbar you want to choose. The product is given an overall 9.2 out of 10 review points which put in the top audio devices for its price tag. It’s a fantastic option if you are looking for a balanced soundbar that provides everything on a decent quality.
Bose Solo TV Sound System
Bose Solo TV Sound System is our next pick for soundbar for TV. When Bose Technology is mentioned, you have to know that before the Samsung domination, they ruled the market. And it is known that they always have created well designed and good sound performing audio devices. What is unique about this affordable Bose model is that it is compact, and like most of the Bose products, it has an impressive design. So if you’re limited on space and you’re looking for an option that can fit anywhere near your TV setup, then the Bose Solo TV Sound System is the choice for you. It is a 2.1 channel soundbar like the previous ones. On the front side, it has a built-in black grille, and on the sides and at the back it’s designed from black plastic. This makes it extremely lightweight with an eye-catching design.
Another cool feature is that LED lights are available. They indicate if something is turned on or off or if the user (or users) is increasing or decreasing the sound volume. The soundbar is controlled with a unique remote, which makes it convenient for you to manage it.
- Dimensions: 2.6 H x 21.6 W x 3.4 D
- Connections: 2.1 channel soundbar
- Connections: Optical cable, Coaxial cable, and Aux 3.5mm cable is available. No HDMI ARC inputs
- 1-year warranty
- It’s wall-mountable, or it can sit on a TV stand.
- It performs incredibly in terms of materials for its cost and has an impressive design like most of the Bose products
- It’s on the higher rankings among its competitors in terms of surround sound.
- The daily price is $250, but now it’s discounted at exactly $200
- This can be counted as a soundbar above $250 that provides a better design than soundbars under 200 dollars range.
- The surround sound might be good, but it falls behind when it comes to sound quality if we have to compare it to the previous models
- There’s a downside on the front displays that miss showing when the sound volume is on maximum.
- It’s compatible only with smaller TVs
A final opinion would be that the Bose soundbars have never disappointed customers with their design or sound qualities. The Bose Solo TV Sound System is a 2.1 channel soundbar and provides a decent surround sound quality. However, compared to the previous soundbars, this one lacks in sound performance. This product is given 8.9 of 10 review points, and it is the best option for people keen on the design.
- Ready to rock your home theater with a fantastic sound performance and deep bass? Then the Wohome S9920 might fulfill your needs. This is one of the most compact sound systems that you can find on the market right now. It is a 2.1 channel soundbar like the rest. However, the Wohome soundbar comes with built-in subwoofer that add to the overall bass performance. Do you want to connect your phone to the soundbar? That won’t be a problem because the Bluetooth system is added. We can quickly call this soundbar an “audio beast” because it’s capable of producing 80 Watts of audio power. This incredible soundbar under $200. And provides you with a fantastic sound and bass performance so you can fully dive into actionable movie moments.
The Wohome S9920 is 40 inches long, and it perfectly combines with Samsung TVs and others, ranging from 40 to 60 inches. The soundbar is incredibly easy to set up, and you can manage it effortlessly through its unique remote. The downside here is that the soundbar can’t be controlled using the usual TV remotes. However, another cool thing about this audio device is that it comes with a 1-year warranty and 45 days money-back guarantee. So if you decide in the first month that this rocking-house soundbar isn’t the option for you, you can return it without any headaches.
- Dimensions: 39.7 x 4.0 x4.1 inches
- Connections: Coaxial, USB Cable, Optical Cable, and 3.5mm jack
- Channels: 2.1-channel soundbar
- It’s wall mountable and also can be placed on the top of a table.
- 1-year warranty
- It offers clean sound quality and bass performance so you can experience any movie at its fullest
- It comes with the Bluetooth connectivity so you can establish a connection with your phone whenever you want
- Straightforward to install and manage it
- It provides multiple connectivity options.
- It is priced only at $109
- An external subwoofer cannot be connected
- The remote doesn’t come with batteries, so you have to buy ones by yourself.
- It is not compatible with a universal remote.
Overall, if you’re a fan of metal music or action movies, then this soundbar will rock your head with its audio effects. It comes at a meager price and offers impressive sound quality. Built-in subwoofers are available, and they help to boost the bass performance to its maximum. This is a fantastic option for people looking for high audio power and impressive sound quality. The product is given 8.7 out of 10 review points.
First on our list was VIZIO SB2821- D6. Now it’s worth mentioning its brother who offers crystal clear dialogues during movies or games – VIZIO SB-2920-C6. Very similar to the previous model, this one also provides excellent sound quality. It is straightforward to install, and you can put it on a wall or on the top of a table. What is cool about this soundbar is that there is a rear input, especially for an external subwoofer. That way the subwoofer can deliver additional bass performance to your home theater . It also comes with built-in Bluetooth. This way, you can connect a mobile, tablet, or a laptop to your soundbar.
The sound system is also well equipped with connections. USB, 3.5mm, stereo RCA, digital optical, and coaxial inputs are part of the soundbar. When the package arrives, a single remote control is also available. The VIZIO SB-2920-C6 offers an impressive design for its price tag. A DTS TruVolume system is installed in the audio device. That way the soundbar crystally clears the dialogues when movies are watched. When the audio device combines with your TV setup, you can effortlessly hear any conversation that is screened on your TV without bothering to strengthen your ears or moving your head forward to listen to what is being talked about. The soundbar provides excellent sound quality. And with an added external subwoofer, it can exceed your expectations.
- Dimensions: 29 x 3 x 3 inches
- Channels: 2.0-channel soundbar
- Connections: 3.5mm stereo mini-jack, Coaxial audio input, Optical Cable, and USB cable.
- It is wall-mountable, and it can be placed on a TV stand.
- 1-year warranty available
- Provides clear and crisp sound
- You can alter and adjust the bass and the treble.
- Virtual surround sound technology is included for a better surround sound performance.
- It can sustain a high volume of rockstar music without any distortion.
- A wireless subwoofer is not included
- Separate power on the soundbar
After thoroughly reviewing this product, we offer it to people who are keen on TV shows and movies. As stated above, it provides a transparent dialogue between people and the surround sound is top-notch quality too. It is effortless to install, and you can operate it manually through its remote control. Bluetooth is also available, which allows you to connect your phone and use the soundbar as a stereo device. It’s priced at $79 and is given a review of 9.0 points out of 10.
Pyle 3D PSBV200BT
The last but not least important on our list would be the Pyle 3D PSBV200BT Soundbar. What is worth mentioning here is that Pyle has always been producing quality products. And in recent years, Pyle has started creating products in a large number of countries around the world. That way, they started building a big brand name not only in the audio world but in other industries too. This model of Pyle soundbars comes with built-in Bluetooth so you can use the soundbar with convenience through your mobile or tablet. It comes with a unique remote control with oodles of buttons that make the soundbar look like alien technology.
A 3D system is a new technology that is included in this soundbar, and it outperforms all the other audio devices in that price range. Having such innovative and unique systems in its core, help to create an outstanding sound quality. The design of the audio device is attractive. At the very moment when you press the power button ON the soundbar produces unusual, yet crisp sound. This is one of the best picks for its price. It’s around $135, and it is ranked highly among its competitors.
- Dimensions: 23.8” x 9.8” x 4.7”
- Channels: 2.0-channel soundbar
- Connections: Aux cable 3.5mm and Pair RCA inputs, no HDMI
- It’s suitable for a TV stand.
- 1-year warranty
- It comes at an affordable price
- Virtual 3D surround sound system that helps you completely dive into the cinema world experiencing every movie scene.
- Rigid bass
- The Bluetooth system is weak and provides a poor connection
- Simple, a lack of details and depth
- Relatively weak at the midrange volume
After all, this is a high-quality soundbar that offers incredible sound and bass performance. Through its remote control, it is relatively easy to operate it. Pyle has been known to design and create fantastic products in terms of quality and effectiveness. The Pyle 3D PSBV200BT Soundbar comes at an affordable price for its features and benefits. It’s the perfect option for people looking for the best sound quality and bass performance at the same time. The product is reviewed at 8.7 out of 10 points.
What is the ideal soundbar under 200
And you have probably guessed it, that would be the product with the highest rating. And this one is the VIZIO SB2821- D6. VIZIO started making some incredible products, and the SB2821-D6 soundbar is one of those products. They have blown it with that soundbar model. It provides astonishing sound performance and bass quality so you can fully immerse into the cinema world. Wireless subwoofer is available to this audio device to make the bass more profound and more vibrant.
It wouldn’t be a top-quality soundbar if it didn’t have Bluetooth support and it’s not a Bluetooth soundbar. That way, you can use it as a stereo device from your mobile, tablet, or laptop.
So if you are looking for the best option among all these 7 products we have made it easy for you by claiming the winner. Our decision is based on hundreds of written articles and product reviews, so you can put your mind at peace when you are buying this soundbar. Only check if it fits with your TV setup and you’re good to go. If you’re looking for even cheaper models, check our lists for the best soundbars under $100 and under $150.
When it comes to buying a soundbar, you shouldn’t always throw your whole money in exchange for some outperforming audio device. Other cheaper options are performing well too, and that’s what we’re going to be focusing on in the following buying guide. However, getting your hands on a cheaper option doesn’t mean you are allowed to buy some $40 or $50 soundbar that is barely compared to the other soundbars.
There are a few crucial things to consider when making a purchase decision…
Know Your Intentions:
If you’re looking for a simple and basic soundbar with only one speaker setup, then you probably don’t want to buy a soundbar with heaps of features. Examine your selected soundbar, look at its features, look at its benefits, and see if it covers your primary needs.
Yet, other soundbars are coming with attached or detached subwoofers that add to the overall sound and bass quality. So if you’re looking for soundbars that offer a decent sound quality, an added subwoofer will increase the sound production.
Another essential thing to consider is whether or not your audio device has Bluetooth support included. If you are OK with the remote control and don’t want to use the soundbar as a stereo device, then it is OK if your soundbar is missing Bluetooth features. On the other side, if you have intentions to stream music from your mobile phone or tablet, then the Bluetooth feature is a must.
And there is another essential thing that a regular person who jumps right into the shop will surely not know. And that is the hidden costs. And what do we mean by hidden costs? When you have already chosen your soundbar, and you see that the price is reasonable, the features are also decent, and there’s nothing that can stop you from buying it…
The set-up is the thing that may stop you from doing that. And that’s because some soundbars are much more complex to install (and require accessories) and setup than others which are straightforward to install. And this complex setup requires a technician to do it. So the soundbar you chose might be around $150, but the installation might cost you an additional $50 or $100. And this is the thing that a person who doesn’t prepare himself before making a buying decision cannot escape.
Since you have made it to the very end of this article, you are now familiar with everything you need to know before making your buying decision.
You’re welcome to go and choose some of the products we have recommended, but if you have another option in your mind, then this buying guide can help you make the right decision.
If you have a soundbar already or you just bought one best soundbars under $200, leave a comment below, and we will be happy to take a look at your audio device too.