If you’re on a limited budget, you can still find sound bars that look good, sound great and aren’t too expensive (below $200).
Based on our research and reviews, here are the 7 best soundbars under 200:
- Vizio SB2821-D6 – Runner Up, Best Overall Soundbar
- Samsung HW J355 – Best in Surround Sound
- Yamaha YAS-108 – Best in Design
- Bose Solo TV Sound System – Runner Up, Best in Surround Sound
- Wohome S9920 – Best Bass Performance
- Vizio SB-2920-C6 – Best in Audio Clarity
- Pyle 3D PSBV200BT – Best Overall
Isn’t watching your favorite TV show or movie more enjoyable with a full experience of sound effects? You can’t always come to the theatres for this, but you can definitely have that high-quality sound right at your own house.
A lot of televisions nowadays come with awesome sizes, screens, and a lot of smart features, but they don’t always come with amazing built-in speakers. Here’s where soundbars come in, to bring mind-blowing watching and listening experience.
A valid question you might initially ask is, “but what about the cost?”. Not everyone has the money to afford the best soundbar with the latest audio tech.
Well, that’s why you’re in an under $200 budget soundbar list. This was made for those who are looking to get a high-quality abut affordable soundbar. There’s nothing here that would leave you penniless. However, we made sure that despite the price, the options here are stuffed with the best features you are looking for in a soundbar, including bass response, high-grade subwoofer, crisp sound and a total audio experience (But if you’re interested in more expensive ones, check our comparison for the top soundbars under 300 dollars.)
After searching for all possible options in the 200-dollar price range, we’ve compiled them into a brief, but informative review list. Here are our top suggestions for the most durable, reliable, and best soundbars under 200 bucks.
Top Soundbars Under 200 Reviews
1. Vizio SB2821-D6 – Runner Up, Best Overall Soundbar
The soundbar that is heading our list is the VIZIO SB2821- D6. VIZIO might be unheard for a lot of people, but the thing that they’re striving to provide through their products is durability and extraordinary sound performance. This particular model costs around $130 right now on Amazon. It provides a quite good sound compared to its competitors. The best thing here is that it comes with a wireless subwoofer. Of course, you can also find a cheaper choice without an external subwoofer if you don’t have the money for it. But if you want to experience movies you watch or content you stream through day or night fully, a subwoofer will do the job correctly. It provides deep bass that has a bustling atmosphere, and it is amazing with metal music or action movies.
It is with a 2.1 channel configuration, which means it has two not bluetooth speakers. One to the left and one to the right. This might result in not so good surround sound performance, so you want to keep this in mind also. Know that when looking for a soundbar under $200…
You can’t find a best device that will have all these fancy features and the fantastic bass boost and best surround sound performance. However, VIZIO SB2821- D6 is pretty close to the high-end soundbars.
- Dimensions: Range Drivers account for 2 x 2.5 inches
- Channels: It is wide 28 inches, a 2.1-channel unit
- Connections: 4′ digital optical cable, 5′ coaxial cable, USB, HDMI port is missing
- A 1-year warranty is available.
- It is wall mountable.
- There is a wireless subwoofer available.
- Sound power is around 95 dB
- Bluetooth audio connectivity is available (smart phones too)
- It has a lot of topnotch features for a cheap price range
- A 1-year warranty is available which keeps your mind at peace for a one-year forward
- It is built from high-grade materials, thus becoming a durable and long-lasting.
- The wireless subwoofer adds amazingly to the overall sound performance.
- Problems might occur during the setup
- It is a 2.0 config, which means that it is not enough to provide support to good surround sound.
Overall, this is one best-polished model and can be one of the best audio devices on the market right now under $200. Another cool feature is that it comes with built-in LED lights but shows the sound range. It is designed with Dolby Digital sound and DTS TruSurround system. That way you can rest assured that you’ll be able to best experience your movies or games. We rate this model a 9.7 out of 10. It is a great choice to take if your budget is around $130.
2. Samsung HW J355 – Best in Surround Sound
When we are reviewing the best soundbars no matter what’s the price range, Samsung always has a place on those best lists. This is where the Samsung HW J355 is taking place. And you probably know that Samsung is dominating the market of the sound bars at this moment. So why not get one from a company that you know is trustworthy and always provides high-quality products? That’s why we have made it easy for you. We have thoroughly reviewed this product. And listed its main features and benefits that distinguish him from the other products on the market.
What do you need to know here is that this also comes with 2.1 channels. As you already know, this means that only two speakers are available. However, the Samsung HW J355 comes with a 3D Sound Plus, which makes it up for the 2 not bluetooth speakers. This completes the surround sound and allows you to fully dive into the cinema-like adventure. A subwoofer is also included in this package. The subwoofer fully adds to the design and its audio excellence. This is a fantastic device that you can pick for around $150.
- Dimensions: 37 x 2.6 x 2.3 inches
- Connections: Optical cable, USB, and Aux are available too. HDMI port input is missing
- Channels: 2.1-channel sound bar
- It is wall-mounted
- 1-year warranty available
- This Samsung model comes with the mobile app from where you can manually control the sound bar
- It has a straight-forward installation, just need to follow the manual.
- Has an astounding sound performance.
- The 1-year warranty will keep you relaxed for a year forward.
- Bluetooth connectivity is also available. That way not only will you be able to connect to your TV with soundbar but you can also establish a connection with your phone or laptop.
- It outstanding for under $200
- It is not a wireless subwoofer
- It might be Samsung, but for under $200, it is one of the primary products of the brand.
After all, it is competent for its price tag and provides good surround sound so you can completely relax and feel the movie atmosphere. A subwoofer is available and has a deep bass so you can completely watch with topnotch audio quality. This product is given a 9.4 out of 10, and it is great if you are looking for a pleasing audio experience for under $200.
3. Yamaha YAS-108 – Best in Design
Looking for low priced yet a good sound bar? The Yamaha YAS-108 might be the one you are looking for. It is a fantastic soundbar for just $170. It comes with built-in subwoofer that offers deep low-frequency output so you can completely revamp your home theater into the best cinema-like experience. It supports the DTS Virtual:X technology which provides an enveloping audio quality and some sound modes. What’s cool about this is that it is compatible for 4K TV monitors and does that through HDCP 2.2, 4:4:4 color, and HDR10 and HLG HDR standards. The Yamaha YAS-108 not only provides you with crisp sound but also creates a beautiful view when installed near your TV.
Similar to the previous Samsung model, the Yamaha YAS-108 has the feature 3D Sound Plus. This helps the subwoofers make a compelling surround sound. That way you can fully experience every single moment of the movie you are watching or the game you’re playing. It comes with a built-in clear voice that significantly helps to crystal clear the dialogue delivery. The overall sound remains untouched, and you additionally get a powerful bass and vibrant surround sound performance.
- Dimensions: 35 x 2-1/8 x 5-1/8 inches
- Connections: A stereo mini jack, optical cable, and HDMI is available
- Channels: 2.2 channel sound bar
- 2-year warranty
- Unlike the previous ones, this one comes with an HDMI port for input
- Has a 2-year warranty which will keep your mind at peace
- Awesome sound performance and dialogue for a sound bar under 200
- You can connect it with two devices through Bluetooth simultaneously.
- It supports DTS Virtual:X, which provides an outstanding audio.
- Doesn’t support the Yamaha’s Music cast multi-room audio technology
- It requires additional external wireless subwoofer for more rich and in-depth sound.
- No tweeters or small speakers for treble frequencies
All in all, it is an excellent choice for its price, which provides an impressive sound compared to a lot of its competitors. It supports 2.2 channel config, which is similar to the previous soundbars. However, it is also quite similar to the Samsung model. It comes with a 3D Sound Plus, which helps to increase the overall performance of the surround sound. So if you are looking for something that provides all decent sound performance and best bass experience…
And most importantly, it is cheap then this is what you want to choose. The product is given a huge overall rating of 9.2 out of 10, which put in the top audio devices for its price tag. It is fantastic if you are looking for a balanced sound bar that provides everything with a wonderful listening experience.
4. Bose Solo TV Sound System – Runner Up, Best in Surround Sound
Bose Solo TV Sound System is our next pick as best for TV. When Bose Technology is mentioned, you have to know that before the Samsung domination, they ruled the market. And it is known that they always have well designed and best sound audio devices. What is great about this affordable Bose model is that it is compact, and like most of the Bose products, it has an outstanding design. So if you are limited on space and you’re looking for the best option that can fit anywhere near your TV setup, then the Bose Solo TV Sound System is the choice for you. It is a 2.1 channel model like the previous ones. On the front side, it has a built-in black grille, and on the sides and at the back it is designed from black plastic. This makes it extremely lightweight despite looking huge, with an eye-catching design.
Another cool feature is that LED lights are available. They indicate if something is turned on or off or if the user (or users) is increasing or decreasing the sound volume. The soundbar is controlled with an outstanding remote, which easily makes it convenient for you to manage it.
- Dimensions: 2.6 H x 21.6 W x 3.4 D
- Connections: 2.1 channel sound bar
- Connections: Optical cable, Coaxial cable, and Aux 3.5mm cable is available. No HDMI ARC inputs
- 1-year warranty
- It is wall-mountable, or it can sit on a TV stand.
- Best materials are well worth their cost
- It has an impressive design like most of the Bose products
- It is on the higher rankings among its competitors when it comes to surround sound.
- The daily price is $250, but now it is discounted at exactly $200
- This can be counted as above $250 that provides a better design than soundbars beneath 200 dollars range.
- The surround sound might be good, but it falls behind when it comes to overall sound if we have to compare it to the previous models
- There’s a drawback on the front displays that miss showing when the sound volume is on maximum.
- Compatible only with smaller TVs
- Missing tweeters or treble speakers
A final opinion would be that the Bose soundbars have never disappointed customers with their design or sound qualities. The Bose Solo TV Sound System is a 2.1 channel unit and provides a decent surround sound quality. However, in comparison to the previous soundbars, this one lacks in sound performance.
5. Wohome S9920 – Best Bass Performance
Ready to rock your home theater with a fantastic sound performance and best deep bass? Then the Wohome S9920 might fulfill your needs. This is one of the most compact sound systems that you can find on the market right now. It is a 2.1 channel sound bar like the rest. However, the Wohome model comes with built-in subwoofer that add to the overall performance. Do you want to connect your phone it? That won’t be a problem because the Bluetooth system is added. We can quickly call this an “audio beast” because it is capable of producing 80 Watts of audio power. This is a great sound bar under $200. And provides you with a fantastic sound and performance so you can fully dive into actionable movie moments.
The Wohome S9920 is 40 inches long, and it combines with Samsung TVs and others to perfection, ranging from 40 to 60 inches. It is incredibly easy to set up, and you can manage it effortlessly through its unique remote. The downside here is that it can’t be controlled using the usual TV remotes. However, another best thing about this audio device is that it comes with a 1-year warranty and 45 days money back guarantee. So if you easily decide in the first month that this rocking-house soundbar isn’t for you, you can return it without any headaches.
- Dimensions: 39.7 x 4.0 x4.1 inches
- Connections: Coaxial, USB Cable, Optical Cable, and 3.5mm jack
- Channels: 2.1-channel
- Can be mounted to the wall and can also be placed on the top of a table.
- 1-year warranty
- With a clean sound and great performance so you can experience any movie at its fullest
- It comes with the Bluetooth connectivity so you can establish a connection with your phone whenever you want
- Quite simple to set-up and use
- It provides multiple connectivity options.
- It is priced only at $109
- An external subwoofer cannot be connected
- The remote doesn’t come with batteries, so you have to buy ones by yourself.
- It is not compatible with a universal remote.
Overall, if you’re a fan of metal music or action movies, then this will rock your head with its audio effects. It comes at a meager price and offers fantastic sound. Built-in subwoofers are available, and they help to amplify the bass performance to its greatest. This is a fantastic for those looking for high audio power and great sound. The product is given 8.7 out of 10.
6. Vizio SB-2920-C6 – Best in Audio Clarity
First on our list was VIZIO SB2821- D6. Now it is worth mentioning its brother that offers crystal clear dialogues during movies or games – VIZIO SB-2920-C6. Very similar to the previous model, this one also provides excellent sound quality. It is straightforward to install, and you can put it on a wall or on the top of a table inside your room. What is cool about this soundbar is that there is a rear input, especially for an external subwoofer. That way the subwoofer can deliver supplementary bass performance to your home theater. It also comes with built-in Bluetooth. This way, you can connect a cellphone, iPad, or a laptop to it.
The sound system is also well equipped with a lot of connection options. USB, 3.5mm, stereo RCA, digital optical, and coaxial inputs are part it. It arrives with a single remote control. The VIZIO SB-2920-C6 offers an impressive design for its price tag. A DTS TruVolume system is installed in the audio. That way you’ll love how it crystally clears the dialogues when movies are watched. When the audio combines with your TV setup, you can effortlessly hear any conversation that is screened on your TV without bothering to strengthen your ears or moving your head forward to listen to what is being talked about. It provides excellent sound quality. And with an added external subwoofer, it can exceed your expectations.
- Dimensions: 29 x 3 x 3 inches
- Channels: 2.0-channel
- Connections: 3.5mm stereo mini-jack, Coaxial audio input, Optical Cable, and USB cable.
- It is wall-mountable, and it can be placed on a TV stand.
- 1-year warranty available
- Provides clear and crisp sound
- You can alter and adjust the bass and the treble.
- Has a virtual surround sound technology for a better surround sound performance.
- It can sustain a high volume of rockstar music without any distortion.
- No wireless subwoofer
- Separate power
After a thorough review of this product, we offer it to people who are keen on watching a lot of TV shows and movies. As stated above, it provides a transparent dialogue between user and the surround sound is top-notch quality too. It is effortless to install, and you can easily operate it manually through its remote control. Bluetooth is also available, which allows you to connect your phone and use the soundbar as a stereo. The price is only $79 and is easily given a review of 9.0 points out of 10.
7. Pyle 3D PSBV200BT – Best Overall
The last but not least important on our list would be the Pyle 3D PSBV200BT Soundbar. What is worth mentioning here is that Pyle has always been producing quality products. And recently, Pyle has started creating products in numerous countries around the globe. That way, they built a big brand name not only in the audio field but in other industries too. This model of Pyle soundbars comes with built-in Bluetooth so you can use the soundbar with convenience through your mobile phone, instead of using just headphones. It comes with a remote control with oodles of buttons that make the soundbar look like alien technology.
A 3D system is a new technology that it includes, and it outperforms all the other best audio devices in that price range. Having such innovative and impressive systems in its core, help to create an outstanding sound quality. The design of the soundbar is attractive. At the very moment when you press the power button ON, it produces unusual, yet crisp sound. This is one of the best picks for its price. It’s around $135, and ranked highly among its best competitors.
- Dimensions: 23.8” x 9.8” x 4.7”
- Channels: 2.0-channel soundbar
- Connections: Aux cable 3.5mm and Pair RCA inputs, no HDMI port
- Suitable for a TV stand.
- 1-year warranty
- It comes at an affordable price
- Virtual 3D surround sound system that helps you fully dive into a professional cinema experience every movie scene.
- Rigid bass
- The Bluetooth system is weak and provides a poor connection
- Simple, a lack of details and depth
- Relatively inadequate at the midrange volume
After all, this is a high-quality soundbar that offers incredible sound and bass performance. Through its remote control, it is relatively easy to operate it. Pyle has been known to design and manufacture fantastic products in terms of quality and effectiveness. The Pyle 3D PSBV200BT Soundbar comes at an affordable price for its benefits. It’s the perfect option for consumers looking for the best sound quality and bass performance at the same time. The product is reviewed at 8.7 out of 10 points.
What is the best soundbar under 200 dollars?
And you have probably guessed it, that would be the product with the highest rating. And this one is the VIZIO SB2821- D6. VIZIO recently made a lot of high-quality products, and the SB2821-D6 is one of those products. They have blown it with that soundbar model. It provides astonishing sound performance and bass quality so you can fully immerse into the cinema experience within a room. Wireless subwoofer is available to this audio device to make the bass more profound and more vibrant.
It wouldn’t be a top-quality soundbar if it didn’t have Bluetooth support and it’s not a Bluetooth soundbar. That way, you can use it as a stereo or speaker from your phone, tablet, or laptop—a much better way to enjoy sounds than headphones.
So if you are looking for the best soundbar below $200 among all these 7 products we have made it easy for you by claiming the winner. Our suggestion is based on hundreds of ratings and product reviews, so you can put your mind at ease when you decide to get this soundbar. Only check if it fits with your TV setup and you are good to go. If you are looking for even cheaper models, check our lists for the best soundbars under $100 and under $150.
Buying Guide For Choosing A Good Soundbar Below 200
When it comes to choosing a soundbar, you shouldn’t always throw your whole money in exchange for some outperforming audio gadget. Other affordable options are performing well too, and that’s what we’re going to be focusing on in the following guide. However, getting your hands on a low-cost soundbar doesn’t mean you are allowed to buy some $40 or $50 soundbar that is barely compared to the other soundbars.
There are a few crucial things to consider when making a purchase:
Know Your Intentions When looking for your great soundbar under $200
If you are looking for simple and basic soundbars with only one speaker setup, then you probably don’t want to buy soundbars with heaps of features. Examine your selected soundbar, look at its pros & cons, and see if it covers your primary needs.
Yet, other soundbars are coming with attached or detached subwoofers that add to the overall sound and bass quality. So if you are looking for soundbars that offer a satisfactory sound, an added subwoofer will enhance the sound production.
Another essential thing to consider is whether or not your audio device has a Bluetooth feature. If you are OK with the remote control and don’t want to use soundbars as a speaker or stereo, then it is OK if your soundbar choices are missing Bluetooth features. On the other side, if you have intentions to stream music from your cellular phone or tablet, then the Bluetooth feature is a must.
There is another essential thing that a regular person who jumps right into the shop will surely not know. And that is the hidden costs. What do we mean by that? When you have already chosen your soundbar, and you see that the price is reasonable, the features are also sufficiently good, and there’s nothing that can stop you from purchasing it…
The set-up is the thing that may stop you from doing that. That is because some best soundbars are much more complex to setup (and require accessories) than others which are much simpler And this complex setup needs a technician. So the soundbars you chose might be around $150, but the installation might cost you extra money, usually around $50 or $100. And this is the thing that a person who doesn’t prepare himself before making a decision cannot escape.
Since you have made it to the very end of this page, you are now familiar with everything you need to know about the best soundbars before making your choice. You are welcome to go and choose some of the products we have recommended. We’ll keep this list updated, so watch out for new models (Like Polk Audio Signa 2) that work amazing in giving powerful sounds through great speakers of the best soundbars.
If you have a soundbar already or you just bought the best soundbar under $200, comment below and we will be happy to take a look at your audio device too.