If you’re on a limited budget, you can still find not expensive soundbars that look good, sound great and don’t cost an arm and a leg (below 200).
Based on our research and reviews, here are the 7 best soundbars under 200:
- Best in Compatibility – VIZIO SB2920-C6
- Overall Best Soundbar Under 200 – Bose Solo 5
- Best in Surround Sound – Yamaha YAS-207BL
- Best in Connectivity – TaoTronics Three Equalizer Mode
- Best value for the Money – WOHOME 2.1
- Runner Up, Best Overall – Samsung 2.1
- Best Sound for the Price – BYL 100Watt Soundbar
About Great Soundbars under $200
Ever bought an ultra-high definition smart TV that wows you with its ability to play movies on cue via voice command… and then lets you down with glitchy audio and just pure unpleasant noise?
Seems too familiar, right?
TVs nowadays come with awesome sizes, screens, and smart features, but their sound quality is always almost crap. Here’s where soundbars come in, to bring you a full experience of high-quality sound effects.
The most advanced soundbars offer mind-blowing features like a strong bass response, personalized sound modes, wireless subwoofer, Bluetooth connectivity, and even voice technology.
But what about the cost?
We agree that not everyone has the money to afford the most amazing soundbar with the latest audio tech. That’s why you’re in an under $200 budget soundbar list.
However, finding a good soundbar under 200 isn’t only about the price—it’s about the audio quality, design, compatibility, connectivity and a lot more.
So we’ve compiled the top ones into an informative list with brief, but helpful reviews. Here are our top suggestions for the most durable, reliable, and best soundbars under 200 bucks.
Best Soundbar Under 200
1. VIZIO SB2920-C6 – Best in Compatibility
Vizio is a known brand to produce some of the best entertainment technology. This product from Vizio is a relatively small (29-inch) soundbar that matches any TV. For soundbars under one hundred dollars, which is twice as low as $200, you can enjoy a listening experience with 95 decibels (dB) of crystal clear sound with barely audible (1%) total harmonic distortion.
The frequency of the Vizio soundbar sits at 70 Hertz (Hz) to 19 Kilohertz (kHz).
It boosts the sound and transforms an otherwise mundane movie into a full theater mode. Easily set up for the speakers with the control pad built right on the speaker or with the remote.
Go wireless with Bluetooth and easily sync your music apps, like Spotify, to the soundbar. iPhone and laptop speakers only go so far, but with the DTS Studio SoundTM, DTS Tru Volume TM and DTS TruSurroundTm, the volume will be pulsing loud through your house.
Something that provides you with such an enticing audio experience with the Vizio SB2920-C6 is its incredibly easy setup. Simply connect the soundbar to your TV with the cable that comes with the package. If you have any questions the user manual will most likely have an answer to your problem. Overall, the Vizio SB2920-C6 deserves its spot as one of the products in our greatest soundbars (under 200) list.
- Vizio is a reputable brand that consistently creates premium entertainment technology for a good price.
- This Vizio soundbar model fills your room with 95 decibels of clear sound.
- It possesses less than 1% of harmonic distortion; hence, better musicality.
- The frequency is at an optimal 70Hz-19kHz even for the little money you pay.
- The built-in Bluetooth of the Vizio model allows you to go wireless and sync your phone or laptop along with your TV.
- Incorporates DTS Studio SoundTM, DTS Tru Volume TM and DTS TruSurround TM.
- Easy to set up, use, and troubleshoot.
- The sleek design and relatively small size of the Vizio SB2920-C6 blend in perfectly.
- The soundbar features amazing full-range stereo speakers
- It doesn’t last very long, even considering the price.
- The setup may not be as easy.
- Customer service is unhelpful.
- The sound quality isn’t that much better than TV speakers.
2. Bose Solo 5 – Overall Best Soundbar Under 200
Indeed, Bose produces some of the best products in the field of audio. For this amazing soundbar, you can choose to purchase only the soundbar for you to place on an existing entertainment unit, or you can purchase the wall mount with it. Depending on your setup, Bose gives you more options. However, it might exceed our $200 limit if you decide to go with the mounts.
This soundbar under 200 alone will supply you with better sound than the TV speakers. Where your generic speakers fail, Bose will prevail.
Never miss a word the characters say on TV that’s integral to the story ever again!
Go wireless with Bluetooth connectivity for a seamless streaming experience. Connect the Bose soundbar to your device and enjoy a better and clearer sound than you ever have before. Great option if you love to sing, too!
To make things even easier for you, since difficult to understand technology deters a lot of users, is the universal remote. Use just one accessory to set the volume, bass, Bluetooth connections and more!
Measuring at just under 22-inches wide and weighing just shy of 4 pounds, this soundbar is easily moveable, transportable and easy to carry.
- Setup is as easy as it can be with the simple connection of the TV and the soundbar with the simple cable.
- The soundbar comes with a variety of mounting options or just set it on your entertainment unit.
- Adjust all the settings with one universal controlling accessory.
- Enjoy wireless living at its best with the Bluetooth.
- The affordable soundbar is light and small, not taking up too much of your precious space.
- Crisp and crystal clear sound enhances every word and detail played on the screen.
- The audio quality is not very high-end, which comes with the price.
- You need to readjust and reset every time you turn on your TV.
3. Yamaha YAS-207BL – Best in Surround Sound
Yamaha rightly earns the Amazon’s Choice product badge, especially with some of the best soundbars priced below $200. They boast the world’s first soundbar with virtual 3D surround sound! If you have a different version of this model, perhaps another soundbar from the brand, the Yamaha YAS-108 or the much more expensive YSP-5600 with Dolby digital feature, you too can have surround sound in the comforts of your own home with a simple firmware update. If you want the likes of Yamaha YAS-108, you can have dual subwoofers, 3D surround sound, and Bluetooth which allows Amazon Alexa.
The sleek and inconspicuous design blends in perfectly and complements your interior and TV.
Just like the other sound bars, Yamaha includes the wireless Bluetooth connectivity option. Bluetooth allows music streaming in a high-quality sound that will impress even your neighbors.
Crystal clear sound will meet your ears and you will no longer find yourself asking what the character said on-screen or watching with captions with Yamaha’s awesome soundbars for TVs (both Yamaha YAS-108 and YAS-207BL). Bring the narration and dialogue to life with the Yamaha soundbar.
There is even a compatible app to access and modulate the budget soundbar if you do end up losing the remote.
For the setup, your product comes with a connective cable or you can choose to connect it with an HDMI arc cable for 4K, making the whole watching.
- The world’s first soundbar with 3D surround sound (as in other models e.g. Yamaha YAS-108) at a good money price range: below 200.
- The slim and inconspicuous design blends in perfectly with your interior and Yamaha TV.
- Four wireless subwoofers provide you with booming bass.
- Set up the model easily with the optical cable or HDMI arc for 4K.
- With Bluetooth built-in, experience music streaming like you never have before. Bluetooth also allows Amazon Alexa.
- It comes with a remote and can be connected with the compatible app.
- Choice product of Amazon
- The sound level and bass wavers.
- Sound quality is not what it’s hyped up to be.
- It doesn’t last very long, so it might not be worth the price at all.
4. TaoTronics Three Equalizer Mode – Best in Connectivity
This top soundbar from Taotronics provides sound that fills up the room, similar to surround sound. For those looking to be enveloped in the audio experience, this model is a great choice.
Choose from wired or wireless connections, use the RCA, optical, standard cable connection or wireless built-in Bluetooth connection.
Choose from three distinct modes including music and movie mode (like in other soundbars such as Yamaha YAS-108) to customize the soundbar tv audio as you please.
Control and set the soundbar without having to get up with the remote. Features like this add to the best advantages of the soundbar, especially when it comes to convenience. Adjust the volume and other settings with the remote. Your setting should appear automatically on the LED screen.
Measuring at only 32 inches, the slim design saves space, blends in and looks good.
Bring the full theater experience home with the TaoTronics soundbar.
- Experience the benefits of surround sound without actually having it.
- Multiple connectivity options from wireless to wired.
- This Taotronics soundbar is great value for money: with 3 different equalizer modes to choose from to match your preferred sound.
- The LED screen will display your chosen settings.
- The slim and sleek design is pleasurable to the eye while saving space.
- The optical audio cable might not be compatible with the soundbar.
- The device may not last very long.
- It cannot be connected with HDMI cable.
5. WOHOME 2.1 – Best value for the money
You get a choice of the 34-inch with 60 watts or the 38-inch with 40 watts both less than $100! This dirt-cheap sound bar is perfect for your tight budget. Talk about a steal.
They both possess powerful bass (which is what we look for in a good speaker), with 3-inch built-in subwoofers.
The 4 sound modes are designed for movies, news, music and the default setting for you to have a home theater experience right from your couch. Whether you’re watching dialogue, streaming music, or gaming, this soundbar will give you a great experience.
A good subwoofer that produces a pounding bass is what we look for, but what makes this soundbar an even better option is the ability to adjust the treble and bass. Definitely worth it as it comes at the lowest price on the list.
Try wireless streaming with the built-in Bluetooth or choose from a wired connection using the coaxial and optical input, RCA or AUX.
The soundbar is compatible with a run of the mill TV, projectors, computers, smartphones, tablets and gaming devices, which is great for its price.
Unfortunately, this soundbar is only compatible with the remote. On the other hand, the mount kit comes with your purchase along with a 1-year warranty, a 45-day money-back guarantee and a lifetime of support of the exceptional customer service reps.
- There are two sizes and packages to choose from both below $100!
- The amazing 3-inch external subwoofer provides a booming bass comparable to surround sound.
- Adjust the treble and bass on your soundbar that has 4 different sound modes. Listening experience with dialogue, music, and movie is improved.
- Compatible with most devices.
- Features clear and crisp audio with DSP technology.
- Connection options include wireless Bluetooth and wired coaxial and optical cables.
- The supplied separate remote control allows you to set your soundbar without having to get up off the couch.
- The wall mount kit is provided in the package.
- You get a 1-year warranty and 45-day money-back guarantee.
- They stop working easily.
- The wired connection does not include HDMI.
- The bass and treble adjustments aren’t useful to the sound and don’t have a lot of power.
6. Samsung 2.1 HW-R450 – Runner Up, Best Overall
Our list of best soundbars below $200 wouldn’t be complete without something from Samsung. Samsung is another very well trusted name in the electronics/appliance game. It’s only fair that at least one of their products make it onto our list.
The option they have that’s not over $200, the Samsung R450 already boasts a strong wireless subwoofer capable of producing a frequency response of 43Hz to 20 kHz! Feel and detect every sound that’s coming off the screen sooner than you would with other models, thanks to the power of the sound bar’s best wireless subwoofer.
Most soundbars contain movie mode, news and music mode (e.g. Yamaha YAS-108). The Samsung R450 also includes a separate game mode, which boosts game sound effects, not just dialogue and music. Never will a victory taste so sweet than with the sounds of thunderous applause from your supporters, although the wireless subwoofer doesn’t do much to help out. Nevertheless, the Samsung R450 does a great job.
The Samsung R450’s built-in Bluetooth gives you a wireless connection option that allows you to listen to music from mobile devices.
The Samsung soundbar works best with Samsung TVs as they are designed for a seamless connection. If you’re a Samsung TV owner, then this is definitely one of the top soundbars you could buy for hooking up to your Smart TV, just for the price of less than 200.
- The powerful bass response on the Samsung R450 can produce earth-shattering sounds that immerse you in the movie.
- The separate special game mode allows the sound to envelop you during your gaming experience.
- The wireless subwoofer produces thunderous bass.
- The Samsung smart sound mode is perhaps the best feature that doesn’t require you to adjust any settings on your own.
- Bypass the clutter of wires with the wireless Bluetooth connection.
- Elevate your experience with the high-frequency response in this Samsung soundbar
- The sounds produced by the subwoofer aren’t impressive.
- The quality control is poor.
- Stock built-in speakers on TVs could be a better choice.
7. BYL 100Watt Soundbar – Best Sound For Cheap
Depending on your TV and space, you can choose between the 28-inch or the 40-inch soundbar which have both been upgraded.
Adjust the settings and choose from different sound modes with the remote control, extremely simplifying the setup and starting the process. The bass has been enhanced to provide you with the most appealing experience, thanks to its external subwoofer.
The brand was able to add DSP technology to give you a lot of choices of sound settings: news, movie and music mode. Choose from the ones most suitable to what you are looking for as users.
Changing this excellent soundbar back to factory settings can be achieved with the simple push of the reset button. The treble and bass can also be adjusted to ensure on-point sound quality.
With your purchase, you get a 1-year warranty and lifetime technical support.
- There are two sizes to choose from. Find one that fits your needs and your TV.
- The highly sensitive remote with LED lights for full control of the settings.
- Revert to the factory settings with the reset button.
- The DPS technology gives you three choices of sound modes.
- The bass has been enhanced for your pleasure.
- 5.0 Bluetooth transmission produces near 360-degree surround sound.
- Enjoy music at its best with little interference.
- You are protected by a 1-year warranty and lifetime technical support.
- The product might not last very long.
- No option for HMDI connectivity.
- The sound quality isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.
Our Top Soundbar Pick
Bose Solo 5 TV Soundbar Sound System
It may be the priciest product out of the options above but Bose knows sound best. They have time and time again proven their excellent craftsmanship in the product they produce and their understanding of audio systems. Their skill is reflected in many of the features and power of their headphones, speakers, etc.
You will no longer strain to hear or make out what the characters’ dialogue on TV. Each word and detail will be enunciated and heard with the excellent sound quality model. The Bose Solo 5 is our favorite budget soundbar that lets you experience great sounds without breaking the bank.
You can connect the soundbar in a variety of ways including the wired optical audio, coaxial audio, and of course, the wireless Bluetooth option.
Control and adjust all the settings with the included universal remote to spend time just lounging on your couch without having to stand up.
The lightweight and compact design make it easy to move around and use with any device around your house, making you spend on one gadget that can be used in multiple rooms.
What to Look for When Buying a Good Soundbar Under 200?
For many people who are coming into this without any prior knowledge, knowing what to look for can greatly decrease the amount of research you do. You may not have the time to spend doing it but we sure do! We have done the legwork and come up with a few key factors to look for before your next purchase. Hopefully, we have saved you some time. You might not be able to get all the fancy features such as voice control, surround sound and Wi-Fi, but you can get the good enough basic features.
The subwoofer is incredibly important if you want impressive sound effects when you listen to music, watch movies, or play games. The subwoofer is a speaker on the soundbar that produces the bass. It is also responsible for providing the full-body vibrations you feel when you stand next to a heavy-duty speaker. Subwoofer extends the sound and produce richer audio effects and give a more dimensional sound. In laymen’s terms, the subwoofer is essentially what makes the soundbar. So don’t skimp on your sound bar’s subwoofer, or you will regret it.
For the affordable price tag, you might only be able to get a Bluetooth connection on your soundbar. This is to allow you easy access to the soundbar, turning it into a stereo speaker when connected to your mobile devices. No need to spend precious time connecting cables and setting up, it all happens right away—in just a few seconds you’re able to listen to the power of a subwoofer and enjoy the features of the best under 200 soundbar you purchased.
HDMI cables and digital audio outputs connect your new device to TVs, mobile devices, laptops, and gaming systems, and finding a subwoofer that offers a lot of these features is already a great deal.
A smart soundbar greatly lessens the work you need to do and the settings you need to optimize (e.g. Polk Audio soundbar). While you may not be able to get Google Assistant, Alexa or Siri for the above models like expensive ones add to their features, there are a few choices that automatically tune the settings to suit the situation. Many of the top soundbars under three hundred dollars offer these benefits. The latest helpful voice technology while appealing is not what’s important in a soundbar. So don’t be discouraged if yours doesn’t possess an invisible assistant, because what matters is the sound itself, which depends a lot on the built-in subwoofer power and other basic features.
As for some options above, you might see a number such as 2.0, 5.1, etc. These numbers are there to inform you of how many channels and subwoofer a soundbar has. The first number (before the decimal) is the number of channels, and the number after the decimal is how many subwoofers you get. If the number is 0, then sorry, you don’t get the deep bass we all want. The more channels the soundbar has, the better the sound. When you get up to 5, it will mimic surround sound speakers. Aim for ones with at least 3 channels (left right and center). If you go for ones with two channels, they might just equate to a mini stereo.
Just to make your life easier, look for one with a remote or even a compatible app. This is to allow you access to the soundbar and put in your settings easily without having to get up off your chair. Most soundbars come with a front display panel. Look for one that does have this and it is labeled clearly.
Consider the placement of your soundbar. Are you putting it on the table? Laying it on your entertainment unit close to your TV, or mounting it on the wall? Some packages come with wall mounts or a mounting stand. In some cases, you may need to purchase this in addition to the soundbar. The size comes into play as well. How big of a soundbar do you want? Should it exceed the size of your TV? Make sure the measurements align with the location.
This section isn’t so much related to the product, it’s more about your consumer protection. If a manufacturer offers warranties and guarantees, it not only gives you peace of mind, it shows that their product is at least of a good enough quality for them to stand behind. Other than some time wasted and a feeling of disappointment, you don’t lose much if you purchase from these brands. Look for warranties of at least 1 year and at least a 1-month money-back guarantee to be safe. Going with more reputable brands might not always be foolproof, but at least it greatly minimizes the risk.
Watching movies and listening to music is a pastime that should lessen your stress and release your tension at the end of a hard workday.
Soundbars are cool and handy devices that can enhance that experience. It sure is a pain in the backside to do the research and test out many products, especially ones that will match your money. Not to mention the time it takes to return and repurchase products online.
Hopefully, our “what to look for” guide and review can take some of the pressure off and help you find the perfect soundbar for your home entertainment system.
We’ll update this as the top models change in the market, adding in other affordable soundbars from brands like Polk Audio with good price points for further diversity within the list. And for those who have a bit less budget, these best soundbars underneath one hundred and fifty dollars will do the job just fine, too.