Soundbars are mini TV speakers than enhance your overall audio experience. They can range in price from a measly $50 for a budget soundbar to over $300 for a high-end one. If you want something in the middle of this price range, read our article about the best soundbars under $200.
Some of the most advanced soundbars can exceed a couple thousand, like the Sennheiser Ambeo soundbar. The price affects the lifespan of the soundbar, quality of sound, and good features it comes with. With TV’s boasting slimmer and slimmer build, it’s no wonder one needs additional support to optimize the sound. Movies are only as good as the audio effects, right?
We did the hard part for you. We have researched and tested some of the best soundbar options today, noting their best features, pros, and cons. Below is our top list for soundbars guaranteed to blow your mind.
7 Best Soundbars Reviews
1- VIZIO SB3821-C6 38-inch 2.1 Channel Soundbar
We start off our list with one of the most highly rated soundbars on Amazon: VIZIO SB3821-C6. For just $150, the price is reasonable and the rich bass is impressive. It is why people invest in a better speaker.
You get to enjoy far-reaching sound that pulsates throughout your living room at 100 dB (decibels). The crystal clear sound will possess less than 1% of harmonic distortion.
The wireless subwoofer encompasses the room with great sound and audio that blasts your eardrums no matter where you are standing. The deep bass will vibrate through you giving you full audio sensation with crisp sound that you want.
Get the most out of your soundbar with the built-in Bluetooth you can access with the tap of your finger. Connect and sync it to your mobile devices and play music straight from the soundbar.
For convenience, the soundbar comes with a remote control for you to set the volume and input audio preferences.
The range of sound is an impressive 60 feet! Choose between two good channels and the wireless sub woofer will transform movies and tv shows into a full experience of sight and sound without the need to be connected physically.
Enjoy seamless streaming of music from your Spotify and the wireless setup leaves your home free of clutter. Not to mention the beautiful sleek design will fit right into your décor whether it be mounted on the wall or placed under your TVs base.
- Comes with DTS TruSurround
- The slender exterior matches any interior and fits nicely in small spaces.
- Bluetooth Wi-fi connectivity allows you to stream music via your mobile devices.
- Wireless means less clutter.
- Delivers up to 100 decibels of crystal clear sound.
- The subwoofer has an impressive reach of 60 feet!
- Comes with a wireless remote to allow easy access to the settings
- The settings panel is easy to access on the soundbar itself.
- The speakers start to crackle pretty early on.
- Develops issues quite soon after purchase.
- It turns off randomly.
- Connection via Bluetooth is unstable.
2- Bose Solo 5 TV Soundbar Sound System
Bose’s reputation precedes them. They create wonderful headphones and speakers, and now we introduce the Bose soundbar.
The sleek and compact soundbar delivers better sound quality than the average built-in speakers in your TV. This is due to the advanced technologies the sound system possesses.
You will be able to hear every detail from a pin drop to a not so subtle explosion. Never again will you miss bits and pieces of dialogue. The best part is the level of the bass can even be controlled. Do you feel like rocking out to the beat of your favorite song? Unleash the bass with a simple touch of a button.
Depending on the placement, you can choose to purchase the soundbar alone, or with the wall mount or TV sound system. With just one connection to your TV, the soundbar is surprisingly easy to hook up.
With built-in Bluetooth, you can stream music from your new toy seamlessly from your mobile devices.
To give you better control, the included universal remote allows you to set the bass, Bluetooth and sound to your preferred settings.
The lightweight soundbar is easily portable and moved around, so you can use it with more than one TV. Just simply plug it in and go.
- Just the sleek design alone deserves a spot on the pro list. It’s lightweight and relatively small (21.6 inches) in length, it’s easy to move around.
- With advanced technology, just the soundbar alone provides you with better sound than your built-in speakers.
- Receive crystal clear sound and never miss a single word or detail again.
- Connect the wireless Bluetooth to your mobile gadget for music streaming.
- With just one connection to the TV, setup is a snap.
- The universal remote gives you full access to all the settings with just the push of a few buttons.
- Purchase the wall mount or full TV sound system if you wish.
- Doesn’t work as well as other Bose products
- The volume isn’t as expected.
3- Nakamichi Shockwafe Pro 7.1.4 Channel 600W Dolby Atmos Soundbar
For those serious technological fanatics out there, we present the Nakamichi Shockwafe. With 7.1.4 channels, you know what you are paying or with the heftier price tag. For a better deal, it’s always worth it to wait for Black Friday sale every November.
The 600W Dolby Atmos and dts x sounding bars are on sale now! They also have an option of the Ultra 9.2 channel Nakamichi Shockwafe for those who mean business.
The soundbar comes with an 8-inch subwoofer and TWO rear speakers that deliver the true sound experience.
With 3 advanced processing engines pump out sound that fills a room, providing you with a big theater experience without having to go to the movies. Unlock any audio details you may have missed before in your favorite movies, and envelop your house by unleashing 105 decibels of sound, even when just watching normal tv shows.
With the extra 2-way rear speakers, you will be met with sound effects that resemble surround sound that other soundbars cannot deliver.
Are you a lover of deep bass? The speakers pump out rich bass that bounces off the walls creating a hot box of sound that is absorbed directly into your eardrums.
It connects easily to your TV via optical digital or coaxial inputs and Dolby vision and 4K pass-throughs.
- With this expensive price tag you get big theater-grade surround sound amazing in your home.
- There are 7.1.4 audio channels.
- The shockwave possesses 2 2-way rear speakers that other soundbars do not.
- Dolby atmos and DTS x.
- Enhance your experience with the Dolby Atoms surround sound.
- Comes with a big 8-inch subwoofer that delivers incomparable deep rich bass sounds.
- Advanced connectivity in the form of optical or coaxial inputs and Dolby vision and 4K pass-throughs, as opposed to the usual HDMI arc.
- Non-existing customer support
- Becomes unresponsive quickly.
- Difficult to set up.
4- Yamaha YAS-207BL Sound Bar
The first soundbar with DTS Virtual X 3D surround sound. The first sound bar that is able to produce real surround sound. With a slim and sleek form, it will not only complement your interiors, but also your TV as well.
It has a powerful bass that can be felt and delivers clear sound that brings dialogue to the forefront and won’t drown it out with sound effects.
It’s quick to set up with an optical cable for 4k or HDMI arc cable for HDMI input. With the remote control and the free compatible app, you can set up your TV easily on the couch.
If you lose the remote (which can happen to the best of us), just use the controller application on your mobile device.
Stream music effortlessly from your soundbar by using the built-in Bluetooth to experience higher quality sound.
It’s the first soundbar to offer the full surround sound quality audio without the complexity of multiple speakers.
- Immerse yourself in clear lifelike audio effects with the surround sound soundbar.
- It features an easy setup with an optical cable for 4k or HDMI arc cable for hdmi inputs.
- The first sound bar to offer surround sound-like experience, which makes it a standout.
- The slim and sleek design is understated and complements your TV.
- Wireless Bluetooth streaming allows you to get more out of your music apps.
- The sound wavers and is also unstable.
- The subwoofer cuts out often.
- The unit doesn’t have a long lifespan.
5- Sonos Beam – Smart TV Sound Bar
In this day and age with smart home technology, it was only a matter of time before a smart soundbar became available on the market. You can choose to buy the set or just the soundbar itself.
A bonus we love about this option is that these soundbars come in two good color choices. You can take your choice of white or black depending on your inner décor or what you like and you may earn compliments from visitors with the perfect color.
The small and compact soundbar comes ready to enhance your TV, music and overall listening experience. It’s smaller and even cheaper than the famous Sonos Playbar, but of course, Sonos Playbar still offers more benefits than the Sonos Beam. But for its price, it’s already a pretty good one.
You can control it by using the remote, the compatible application on a mobile device, or with your voice with its voice command feature.
Alexa is built into the sound bar to make your life easier. You can ask questions, give commands and receive information completely hands-free in this voice assistant. Voice control is the future of solid soundbars.
With two languages available (English and Spanish) and the easy setup process that can be done in less than 5 min, you can start listening in no time.
The beam is wall mountable, has Apple Airplay 2, night mode and speech enhancement.
- With Alexa built-in, there is little you have to do to learn and configure the Sonos beam.
- Give commands, and ask questions hands-free.
- It is wall mountable to save space.
- With speech enhancement, you will hear every spoken word and sound effect clearly.
- Control it with your voice, the application or the remote.
- Easy to set up and use, and also comes in two languages.
- Beautifully designed with two colors to choose from.
- Amazon certified, which makes it reliable.
- Might not work with certain LG products
- Not supported in Alexa groups.
6 – WOHOME 2.1 Channel Bluetooth Sound Bar
We chose to review the 34-inch 3-driver speaker at 60W, but they have a choice for a 38-inch 4-driver speaker at 80W.
For the 34-inch you already get to enjoy powerful bass with the 3-inch subwoofer, get the desired solid rich bass sound for all your gaming, tv shows, movies and music needs. These are still amazing features to have for a soundbar that costs under $100.
The DSP technology in the speaker is designed to create crystal clear audio that lets you enjoy multi-room audio and four sound modes, with adjustable treble and bass.
The wireless bluetooth connectivity allows you feel the power of the soundbar when streaming from your mobile device.
Other features include a remote control, a wall mount kit, a one-year guarantee, a 45-day money back guarantee and lifetime support.
- The powerful bass enhances your hearing experience in all sound modes.
- 34-inches of sound power.
- DSP technology delivers clear and crisp sounds to add an immersive experience.
- An output of 100 decibels of the best surround sound.
- 4 different sound modes to choose from.
- Multiple inputs including bluetooth and wired connection – RCA, AUX, coaxial and optical digital.
- Supplied with remote control.
- Backed up by a 1-year warranty, a 45-day money back guarantee and lifetime technical support.
- A mount kit is also included with your purchase.
- It might not be compatible with Samsung TVs.
- Stops working suddenly.
7 – Samsung 2.1 Soundbar HW-R450 with Wireless Subwoofer
Samsung soundbars are among the best in the game. If you have a Samsung system at home, then we have the best deal for you. With a subwoofer that’s wireless, the R450 offers earth-shattering sound as the audio is amplified around the room.
With smart sound tech, the soundbar automatically detects and analyzes the best setting depending on the mode to produce the optimal audio for the viewer.
It pairs best with Samsung TVs seamlessly and offers wireless Bluetooth connectivity for your mobile devices and game mode for those who immerse themselves in a virtual world.
You can purchase the wireless surround kit that is comparable to Dolby Digital surround sound.
- Optimized for Samsung products.
- The smart sound mode detects the content and automatically adjusts the settings.
- Offers game mode, which any gamer would want.
- The bluetooth connection allows easy streaming via mobile devices.
- The subwoofer is unimpressive.
- The sound quality needs improvement.
Our Top Pick: Yamaha YAS-207BL Sound Bar
Based on our reviews, the best soundbar is the Yamaha YAS-207BL Sound Bar. Our top pick is not only based on the amount of positive reviews, but the negative ones as well.
The Yamaha soundbar has the most inconsequential cons and is from a very reputable brand, followed closely by Bose.
The simple setup and being the first soundbar in the world with DTS virtual surround sound, it gets our vote for the best soundbar on the list.
With its subwoofer pumping the bass and other incredible features like easy connectivity for user efficiency, the Yamaha soundbar earns the top spot.
What to Look for When Buying the Best Soundbar
User efficiency, features, and sound quality are what most people want when buying a new soundbar. Price is an important factor too, so if you’re looking for cheaper options, head on over to our best budget soundbar under $150 list and reviews.
However, you should keep in mind that the overall audio performance is what you should look for rather than just individual features. However, to obtain optimal performance, you should pay attention to the following aspects.
The more channels a soundbar possesses, the more immersive the sound will be. We suggest looking for more than three channels if you want to simulate a home theater. Some have just 5.1.2 and many have 7.1, but a lot of the best budget soundbar models usually have 5.1.2.
Where would you place the soundbar? Would you mount it still on a wall for just on your entertainment unit? Maybe you would want to move it around the house and connect it wherever it suits you. Before investing in a soundbar, think about where it will be located and its size.
Most soundbars nowadays come with bluetooth connectivity. Sometimes you may even find Wi-Fi on some of the higher-end models. This allows you to sync your mobile devices to the soundbar and be able to enjoy enhanced audio not only from your TV. You can also opt for something with the 3.5mm audio jack. Does it connect via coaxial, aux or hdmi arc cable for hdmi input? Most models have hdmi inputs, so you have to check for arc optical option if you’re buying for a 4k TV.
The subwoofer is where the bass comes from. Some soundbars can be paired with a separate subwoofer, but some are add-in. Make sure the subwoofer is top quality to get the best sound.
This is for your convenience. Being able to control and optimize the settings with a simple remote or on a compatible app will save you a lot of trouble and add to the comfort in using your sound bar.
This is a nifty and extravagant feature for those looking for that extra something in their new toy. Some models have virtual assistants that obey your voice commands, like Amazon Alexa and also Google assistant. It doesn’t get any more convenient than that!
Finding the right sound bar for you is really easier than you thought. Just follow our advice and mentioned good features to look for if you aren’t sure where to start. If price point is a much more important consideration for you, read our options for the best sound bar under $300.
An extra tip, measure your TV for the best soundbar size. You wouldn’t really like something that exceeds your TV by too much, so the length of your flatscreen is the best starting point. Also, add streamlined form and look as one of your requirements, so it fits in well with your style, including your interior decor.