Upgrading the audio in your home theatre is so easy nowadays, especially with plenty of soundbars to choose from. However, researching about every model can be too time-consuming, and without proper research, you are bound to waste hundreds of dollars on a substandard soundbar.
Don’t worry, we’re saving you from both dilemmas and did the hard part for you. We have researched, tested and listed the best soundbar options today. Take a look at our top list below.
Top 7 Soundbars Comparison and Reviews
1. Sony ST5000 Dolby Atmos Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer
As a Sony soundbar with a dedicated wireless subwoofer, be prepared to listen to unsurpassed sound and audibility of subtle nuances with this cinematic quality sound. The DTS:X virtual surround sound capability enhances all the audio, giving you a solid three-dimensional sound that envelops the room.
- Dolby Atmos sound
- Studio quality sound
- Enhances audio for movies and music
- 4K quality from screen to soundbar
- Supports Google Home
- Connect devices via Bluetooth
- Chromecast built in
- A bit pricier than other soundbars
With Dolby Atmos DTS:X, you’ll hear every solid detail and every whisper on your movies clearly. Don’t worry about losing any quality as the Dolby Atmos sound is transferred from your screen into the soundbar.
Aside from Atmos, the Sony ST5000 reviewed here supports Google Home and supports Bluetooth for you to easily stream your music from your mobile device.
2. Yamaha YAS-207BL Sound Bar
The first soundbar with DTS:X 3D virtual surround sound. The first soundbar that is able to produce real surround effect, better than your TV speakers. The next bar reviewed here is the Yamaha YAS-207BL.
With a slim and sleek form, the speakers will not only complement your living room interiors, but also your TV as well.
This good bar has a good bass that can be felt and delivers audio that brings dialogue to the top and won’t drown it out with sound effects.
- Immerse yourself in lifelike audio effects in movies or tv shows
- It features easy setup with an optical cable for 4k or HDMI arc cable for HDMI inputs.
- The first soundbar to offer surround sound-like experience, which makes the audio a standout.
- Slim and sleek design is understated and complements your TV set
- Bluetooth streaming allows you to get much more out of your music apps.
- Subwoofer’s position is critical in getting the perfect sound. User must find the perfect position for it.
It has a quick setup with an optical cable for 4k or HDMI arc cable for HDMI input. You can also use the free compatible app so you can set up your TV easily on the couch. You can use the controller application on your mobile device.
Stream music from this great Yamaha soundbar by using the built-in Bluetooth (like in the Yamaha YAS-209) to get higher audio quality.
Also, it’s the first bar to offer the full surround-sound quality audio without the complexity of multiple speakers. You’ll find that it’s great for movies!
3. Bose Solo 5 TV Soundbar
You’ve probably read reviews about this brand as Bose’s reputation precedes them. They create wonderful headphones and speakers, and now we introduce the Bose soundbar.
The sleek and compact Bose Solo 5 soundbar delivers better sound quality than the average TV speakers, especially with stereo content. This is due to the advanced technologies the audio system possesses.
You will hear every full detail from a pin drop to an explosion. Never again will you miss bits of dialogue with this performance. Also, the best part you’d want to see is the level of the bass can even be controlled with this bar. Unleash great bass with a simple touch of a button.
The bar can also decode Dolby Digital through its optical digital port.
- Just the sleek appearance alone deserves a spot on the pro list. It’s lightweight and relatively small in size (21.6 inches) in length, it’s easy to move around.
- Just the bar alone provides you with better audio than your built-in speakers, especially with stereo content
- Get crystal clear sound and never miss a single word or detail in a movie
- Bluetooth links to your mobile gadget for music streaming.
- With just one connection to the TV, setup is a snap.
- Universal remote gives you full access to all the settings with just the push of a few buttons.
- Buy the wall mount or full TV sound system if you wish.
- Remote is too huge for some, but it works great.
Depending on the placement, you may choose to buy the compact soundbar alone, or with the wall mount or TV sound system. With just one connection to your TV, the bar is surprisingly easy to set up so there’s less work.
You can use connections including the optical digital, coaxial digital, or analog inputs. It has no HDMI though. Read and check the manual if you need any help with inputs.
You can stream music from your new toy seamlessly from your mobile devices via Bluetooth.
To better handle this soundbar, the included universal remote also allows you to set the bass, Bluetooth and other settings you prefer.
The lightweight soundbar is easily portable, so you may use it with more than one TV. Just simply plug it in and go for easy setup and use. Overall, this is one of the best soundbars around.
4. VIZIO SB3821-C6 38 inches 2.1 Channel Soundbar
Next in our list and review is the VIZIO SB3821-C6. For just under $200, the price is reasonable and the rich bass is impressive. The gist of all reviews we’ve read is positive in support of this excellent Vizio product. It is why people invest in a better speaker.
You get to enjoy great sounds throughout your living room space at 100 dB (decibels). The sound of this best budget soundbar model will possess less than 1% of harmonic distortion. With this, it has a great price compared to other speakers.
The Vizio wireless subwoofer of this soundbar encompasses the full room with great sounds and audio. The deep bass will vibrate through the space you giving you full audio sensation.
- DTS TruSurround speakers
- The slender exterior and compact size of the Vizio fits nicely in small spaces.
- Allows you to stream via Bluetooth, Wi-fi
- Wireless Vizio setup means much less clutter.
- Delivers up to 100 decibels of great sound quality
- Sub has an impressive reach of 60 feet!
- This great soundbar comes with a remote included
- Settings panel is easy to access on the soundbar itself.
- Reasonable price
- Would be better with an LCD display instead of the LED
- Bluetooth connection dwindles sometimes.
Get the most out of your Vizio soundbar because it does provide Bluetooth and Wi-fi. Link Vizio to your mobile devices and play music straight from the soundbar as well.
The full range of sound is a great 60 feet! Pick between two channels and the wireless Vizio subwoofer will transform movies and tv shows into quite a full experience of sight and sound without the need to be connected physically.
Enjoy streaming of music from your Spotify and the Vizio wireless speaker setup leaves your home clutter-free. Not to mention the sleek Vizio bar design will fit right into your décor whether it be mounted on the wall or placed under your TV’s base.
5. Sonos Beam – Smart TV Soundbar
With smart home technology, it was only a matter of time before a smart soundbar became available on the market. You can choose to buy the set or just the Sonos Beam soundbar itself to improve the sound from your TV speakers.
A bonus we love about this Sonos option is that this soundbar come in two color choices. Take your choice of white or black depending on your inner décor or what you like.
- Amazon Alexa
- Smart home technology
- Give commands, and ask questions hands-free.
- It is wall mountable to save space.
- With speech enhancement, you will hear each spoken word and sound effect clearly all the time
- Easy to set up and use
- Beautifully designed with two colors to choose from.
- Amazon certified system
- Might not work with certain LG products
- Alexa groups are not supported
The small and compact soundbar is ready to enhance your TV, movie, music, and overall listening experience. It’s small in size and even cheaper than the famous Sonos Playbar, but Sonos Playbar still offers more benefits than the Sonos Beam.
But for its price, you’ll find it’s already an excellent soundbar.
You can control the Sonos speakers by using the compatible device application or with its voice command feature.
Amazon Alexa is built into the Sonos smart soundbar to make your life easier. You can ask questions, give full commands, and receive excellent information completely hands-free with the voice assistant. Voice control is the future of the best soundbars and speakers.
The easy setup process of these soundbars can be done in even less than 5 min, you can start listening in no time.
The Sonos Beam is wall mountable, includes Apple Airplay 2, and speech enhancement.
6. WOHOME 2.1 Channel Bluetooth Sound Bar
We chose to review the 34 inches 3-driver speaker at 60W, but they have a choice for a 38-inch 4-driver speaker at 80W.
For the 34 inches you already get to enjoy immersive bass with the 3-inch subwoofer, get the desired great rich bass sound for all your gaming, tv shows, movies and music needs. These are still excellent features to have for a soundbar that costs under $100.
- Immersive bass from the subwoofer
- Offers 34-inches of sound power.
- DSP technology delivers crisp sounds to add an immersive factor to movies and music
- An output of 100 decibels
- 4 different sound modes to choose from.
- Multiple inputs including bluetooth and wired connection – RCA, AUX, coaxial and optical digital.
- Backed up by a 1-year warranty, a 45-day money back guarantee and lifetime technical support.
- A mount kit is also included when you buy this bar
- Good price
- It might not be compatible with Samsung TVs.
- Users should disable Dolby and DTS in their devices, as they are not supported by this soundbar.
The DSP technology in the speaker is designed to create crisp audio quality that’s enough for big multi-room audio. There are also four different sound modes, with adjustable treble and bass.
The wireless Bluetooth allows you to feel the best power output of this soundbar when streaming from your mobile device.
Other big features in this Wohome soundbar include a wall mount kit, a one-year guarantee, a 45-day money back guarantee and lifetime support.
7. Samsung 2.1 Soundbar HW-R450 with Wireless Subwoofer
Samsung soundbars are among the best in the game. If you have a solid Samsung system at home, we provide the best deals for you in this review.
With a subwoofer that’s wireless, the Samsung R450 offers earth-shattering sound as the audio is amplified around the room.
- Like the HW-N950, this choice is optimized for Samsung products.
- The smart sound mode detects the content and automatically adjusts the best settings.
- Offers game mode, which any gamer would want.
- The built in bluetooth allows easy streaming via mobile devices.
- Wireless sub
- The Samsung subwoofer needs to be a bit more powerful, especially for larger rooms.
With smart sound tech, the Samsung soundbar automatically detects and analyzes the best setting depending on the mode to produce the optimal audio quality for the viewer.
The speakers pair best with Samsung TVs seamlessly and offers wireless Bluetooth for your mobile devices and game mode for those who immerse themselves in the big virtual world.
For the home theater sound experience, you can buy the Samsung wireless surround kit that is comparable to Dolby Digital.
What to Look for When Buying the Best Soundbar
You might have read many reviews in your search, but user efficiency, features, performance, and sound quality are what most people want and need when they’re looking to buy a new soundbar.
Price is an important factor too, so if you’re looking for cheaper soundbars and the best price deals, head on over to our best budget soundbar under $150 list and reviews. Though you can buy more expensive deals like the Sennheiser Ambeo soundbar if price doesn’t bother you.
If you want something in the middle of this price range, read our article about the best soundbars under $200.
However, keep in mind that the overall audio performance may earn the top priority spot. It’s what you should look for rather than just read about individual features. However, to obtain enough performance, you should pay attention to the following aspects.
The more channels a soundbar possesses, the more immersive the sound performance will be. We suggest looking for more than three channels or drivers if you want to simulate a home theater.
Some support just 5.1.2 channels and many have 7.1 channels, but a lot of the best budget soundbar models usually provide 5.1.2 drivers.
Where would you place the soundbar? Would you mount it still on a wall for just on your entertainment unit? Maybe you would want or need to move the speakers around the house wherever it suits you. If you want to buy wireless rear speakers, consider placement too.
Before looking for or investing a lot in an excellent soundbar and rear speakers, think about where it will be located and its size.
Most soundbars nowadays like the Sennheiser Ambeo soundbar and the Yamaha YAS-209 come with Bluetooth built into the device. Sometimes you may even find Wi-Fi on some of the expensive models like the Sennheiser Ambeo.
Wi-fi allows you to sync your mobile devices to the soundbar and be able to enjoy enhanced audio performance not only from your TV. You can also opt for something with optical audio or 3.5mm stereo jack.
Does it directly connect via coaxial, stereo or hdmi arc cable for HDMI input? Most models have one HDMI input (like the Yamaha YAS-209) or even three HDMI inputs, so you also have to check for the HDMI arc optical option if you’re buying for a 4k TV.
Still, a lot of people may prefer the HDMI.
The subwoofer is where the bass power comes from. Some soundbars can still be paired with a separate dedicated subwoofer. Make sure the subwoofer is of the best quality to get the best sound performance you need for your home theater.
Even now, remotes are convenient. Being able to control and optimize the settings with a simple remote or on a compatible app will save you a lot of trouble and add to the comfort in using your sound bar.
This is a nifty and extravagant feature for those who can’t be without that extra something in their new device. Some new soundbars support virtual assistants that obey clear voice commands, like Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
And you know having Alexa or Google Assistant is super convenient as well. Alexa or Google Assistant can make your life a little easier. So if you’re looking for soundbars including Google Assistant, we have some soundbars above.
Finding the next right sound bar for you is really easier than you thought. Just follow our advice and mentioned features to look for if you aren’t sure where to start.
If price point rather than performance is a much more important consideration for you, read our options for the best sound bar under $300.
A little extra tip, measure your TV for the best size. You wouldn’t really like or need something that exceeds your TV by too much, so the length of your flatscreen is the best starting point.
Also, add streamlined form and look as one of your requirements, so it will fit right in. That makes it match well with your style and interior decor.
Our Top Pick: Sony ST5000 Dolby Atmos Soundbar
Based on our tests and reviews, the best soundbar out there in the market today is Sony ST5000 Soundbar. Coming from a very reputable brand, the ST5000 is truly worth the money.
Sony’s Dolby Atmos can be enjoyed with this soundbar, giving the user an immersive 3D surround sound. If you want superior performance for your home theater, Atmos support is a must. Supplementing Atmos is the S-Force PRO Front Surround combined with Digital Signal Processing, fully taking any watching moment into another level.
With its Chromecast and connectivity features, ST5000 is readily compatible with the latest watching and listening trends of today. There’s no hassle in streaming movies, listening to Spotify, using Google Home and other Chromecast devices.
You can learn more about other Sony products with some of our reviews. Check out Sony HT-CT80, next!