A Vizio sound bar will offer high-quality audio output with its simple-to-use and compact design. The company has released various versions of their sound bars but they are pretty much similar in terms of their installation and use.
If you have an HD version of the soundbar there is a single audio input which can be used for the high definition S/PDIF input.
Instructions for Vizio sound bar installation
Here’s a video explaining the process:
How To Setup A Vizio Soundbar:
- Plug-in the two analog audio cables in the two analog audio jacks called INPUT1 and INPUT2 which are located on the right side of the rear panel of the soundbar.
- Plug-in the subwoofer in the yellow connector which is in the center of your rear panel and it is labeled SUB OUT. In systems where the soundbar has surround speakers, the surround speakers are connected to the subwoofer with speaker cables.
- Plug-in the HD S/PDIF cable inside the S/PDIF input jack that is situated on the left of a yellow SUB OUT jack. In case you possess a non-HD version of the soundbar this jack will not be present in the package.
- Plug-in the AC/DC power adapter which is included in the package into the 24V DC jack. This jack is situated on the left side of the soundbar’s rear panel. The other end of the power adapter can be plugged into the wall outlet.
- Press on the power button which is on the left side of the soundbar’s top panel and turn on the speaker bar.
- Press on the Input button which is available on the top panel for cycling through the various devices that are connected by using the INPUT1, INPUT2, and S/PDIF audio jacks.
- Select the Vol- or Vol+ buttons to control the speaker bar volume. There is a Mute button you can select as well.
- Press the TVOL button for setting the speaker bar to level the audio input volume. This allows the prevention of volume from becoming too loud during the commercials or other louder moments of the programs.
- Press in the TSHD button for toggling the surround sound to ON and OFF.
There is a catalog of Vizio sound bar systems available for you to select the one you prefer. These systems are designed and used to provide greater sound reinforcements for the home theaters.
These soundbars feature anything between two to five audio channels and the instrument is optimized for an immersive sonic experience which will transform the movie and TV show watching experience into an immersive media experience.
By using the Bluetooth connectivity included with the package people can program and control a range of tasks remotely without wires. This also aids in streamlining the installation procedure and keep the houses looking organized and clean.
When you’re ready to install and use your device, read our Vizio sound bar setup guide below and we’ll walk you through everything.
Fundamentals of the Vizio sound bars
There are three Vizio packages available at the moment for sound bars. These packages vary in terms of their functions and size.
Out of these three, the most affordable package is called “Enhanced Sound” system. It provides its users a two-channel stereo sound bar and there is an option available for adding wireless subwoofers.
Other packages called Premium Home Theater and Surround Sound are also available. Both these packages include rear surround speakers and a single wireless subwoofer.
The basic difference between these packages is that a specific number of audio channels are included in the sound bar itself.
Out of the two, the “Premium Home Theater” package which is envisaged as the premium offering of Vizio includes a range of powerful extras. These additional features include Wi-Fi connectivity for innovating the upward fitting speakers.
It doesn’t matter what package you buy from Vizio for your sound bar requirements, most installation steps involved are the same. In the beginning, you will have to unwrap all the hardware included in the package.
You can also use the sound bar manually to make sure you have all the cables, screws, and mounts that are used for the installation procedure. In case any of these parts are missing your installation work will get significantly tougher.
Place the sound bar and the related equipment where you want to keep it in the room relative to the furniture and TV. It can be a little tricky if you have sound bases as these work best TVs that have center stands.
Significantly, you decide on the position before making any cable connections for preventing inadvertent damage to your hardware which is caused by moving it around by using the delicate chords attached to the bar.
If you have a wireless subwoofer with your sound bar, you’d have more freedom when it comes to placement but our search recommends placing it along the front wall. You can connect your TV or other media to the sound bar once it’s placed.
Connect the SPDIF cable included in the kit with the optical port which is on the back of the TV and sound bar. The optical port is usually covered. When this is finished the system will get ready for doing the testing.
The one remaining step here is the plugging of sound bar into a power jack which is available close-by. Power on the instrument by using the remote control that is included and by selecting the appropriate input source.
Select the optical input based on this and access the Menu settings next on the sound bar remote control and select the Audio option on it. At this point, you will make sure to disable the TV speakers and make the sound bar your main audio resource.
Check the TV settings for this. Here you can raise the volume of the system and hear the audio played via the sound bar instead of the TV speakers.
You may also connect the sound bar to your TV by using the optical connection. You can get a standard RCA cable to connect as it can be utilized for this in case this is the method you wish to use for connections.
Rather than selecting the optical input, you can select the Aux as the preferred audio input method.
There are other methods available for the soundbar installation and connecting it to your TV sets. A range of cables can be used for installation as well including a coaxial cable, digital optical cable, or RCA cable.
However, the recommended one is the HDMI ARC one because you don’t need a separate audio cable to connect the TV and the soundbar.
Some of the Vizio sound bars also come with a Bluetooth pairing feature and this permits you to make a wireless connection.
If your sound bar has Bluetooth, you can use your smartphone to stream music. In addition, some sound bars allow connections to Bluetooth speakers or headsets.
For the best home theater experience make sure to place the sound bar close to your ear levels. However, ensure that the soundbar is below the TV.
When you are not sure about the various ports available on the TV’s back, ensure that you read the TV manual or user guide before you carry out the installation.
Also refer to the Vizio manual if you have any specific concerns on settings or how some things work so you can use your device to the fullest.
You can find more options for cheap with our list of top models under 300 bucks.