There is a catalog of Vizio soundbar systems available. These systems are designed to provide greater sound reinforcements for the home theaters. These soundbars feature anything between two to five audio channels and the instrument is optimized for an immersive sonic experience which will transform the movie and TV show watching experience into an immersive media experience. By using the Bluetooth connectivity included with the package people can program and control a range of tasks remotely without wires. This also aids in streamlining the installation procedure and keep the houses looking organized and clean. When you are ready to install the Vizio soundbar of your own you may do so by using some simple steps.
Fundamentals of the Vizio soundbar
There are three Vizio soundbar packages available at the moment. These packages vary in terms of their functions and size. Out of these three, the most affordable package is called “Enhanced Sound” system. It provides its users a two-channel stereo soundbar and there is an option available for adding wireless subwoofers. Other packages called Premium Home Theater and Surround Sound are also available. Both these packages include rear surround sound speakers and a single wireless subwoofer. The basic difference between these packages is that a specific number of audio channels are included in the soundbar itself.
Out of the two, the “Premium Home Theater” package which is envisaged as the premium offering of Vizio includes a range of powerful extras. These additional features include Wi-Fi connectivity for innovating the upward fitting speakers.
It doesn’t matter what package you buy from Vizio for your soundbar requirements, most installation steps involved are the same. In the beginning, you will have to unwrap all the hardware included in the package. You can also use the Vizio soundbar manually for verifying whether you have all the cables, screws, and mounts that are used for the installation procedure. In case any of these parts are missing your installation work will get significantly tougher.
Place the soundbar and the related equipment where you want to keep it in the room relative to the furniture and TV. Significantly, you decide this position before making any cable connections for preventing inadvertent damage to your hardware which is caused by moving it around by using the delicate chords attached to the bar.
Connect the SPDIF cable included in the kit with the optical port which is on the back of the TV and soundbar. When this is finished the system will get ready for doing the testing. The one remaining step here is the plugging of soundbar into a power jack which is available close-by. Power on the instrument by using the remote control that is included and by selecting the appropriate input source. Select the optical input based on this and access the Menu settings next on the soundbar remote control and select the Audio option on it. At this point, you will disable the TV speakers and make the soundbar your main audio resource. Here you can raise the volume of the system and hear the audio played via the soundbar.
You may also connect the soundbar to your TV by using the optical connection. You can get a standard RCA cable which can be utilized for this in case this is the method you wish to use for connections. Rather than selecting the optical input, you can select the Aux as the preferred audio input method.
Instructions for Vizio soundbar installation
The Vizio soundbar will offer high-quality audio output with its simple-to-use and compact design. The company has released various versions of their soundbars but they are pretty much similar in terms of their installation and use. If you have an HD version of the Vizio soundbar there is a single audio input which can be used for the high definition S/PDIF input.
- Plug-in the two analog audio cables in the two analog audio jacks called INPUT1 and INPUT2 which are located on the right side of the rear panel of the soundbar.
- Plug-in the subwoofer in the yellow connector which is in the center of your rear panel and it is labeled SUB OUT.
- Plug-in the HD S/PDIF cable inside the S/PDIF input jack that is situated on the left of a yellow SUB OUT jack. In case you possess a non-HD version of the soundbar this jack will not be present in the package.
- Plug-in the AC/DC power adapter which is included in the package into the 24V DC jack. This jack is situated on the left side of the soundbar’s rear panel. The other end of the power adapter can be plugged into the wall outlet.
- Press on the power button which is on the left side of the soundbar’s top panel and turn on the speaker bar.
- Press on the Input button which is available on the top panel for cycling through the various devices that are connected by using the INPUT1, INPUT2, and S/PDIF audio jacks.
- You can control the speaker bar volume by using the Vol- or Vol+ buttons. There is a Mute button there as well.
- Press the TVOL button for setting the speaker bar to level the audio input volume. This allows the prevention of volume from becoming too loud during the commercials or other louder moments of the programs.
- Press in the TSHD button for toggling the surround sound to ON and OFF.
There are other methods available for the Vizio soundbar installation and connecting it to your TV sets. A range of cables can be used for installation as well including coaxial cables, digital optical cables, or RCA cables. However, the recommended one is the HDMI ARC one. Some of the Vizio soundbars also come with a Bluetooth pairing feature and this permits you to make a wireless connection.
For the best surround sound experience place the soundbar close to your ear levels, however, ensure that the soundbar is below the TV. When you are not sure about the various ports available on the TV’s back, ensure that you read the TV manual or user guide before you carry out the installation. If you’re looking for a cheap model under 300 bucks, check here.