If you can’t seem to locate the Hulu app anywhere on your Samsung TV, you are not alone. Many Samsung TV users seem to have the same dilemma. Not to worry, our technical team listed down the two most common reasons why the Hulu app is missing on most Samsung TVs.
This way, you can see if your TV is also experiencing these issues. We also prepared alternative ways to stream Hulu in case you won’t be able to find your missing Hulu app on your TV.
Why Is the Hulu App Missing on Your Samsung TV?
#1: Your TV Has Not Been Set In the USA Region
Remember, the Hulu app is only available in the US. The reason why you can’t find the Hulu app on your TV is that your TV has not been set in the right region.
Here’s how you can change the region/country of your Samsung TV:
- Go to Home first.
- Select Settings > Support > Self Diagnostics
- Then tap the Reset Smart Hub option.
- This option will ask for your PIN so enter them (just input 0000 if you didn’t change the PIN)
5. Then wait for the TV to load.
6. Go to Setup once the TV has been reset.
8. Press Mute > Volume UP > Channel UP > Mute on your remote control.
9. The Internet Service Location Setup will show afterward so you have to choose US.
11. Click OK.
12. Sign in your credentials.
13. And your TV is all set up.
Try searching for the Hulu app as soon as the TV has been set up. Hopefully, this resolves the issue. If you still can’t find the Hulu app on your Samsung TV search results, you need to go over the other reason below.
#2: Your Samsung TV Could Be an Old Model
The latest Hulu app (with full features) only supports Samsung TVs that are newer than 2015. And the Classic Hulu app is also available on Samsung’s 2013 to 2015 models.
But take note there are no Premium Add-ons and Live TV here. You can only stream content from Hulu’s streaming library and showtime. So if your TV is older than 2013, then you may have to get a newer one if you want to see Hulu on your app page.
But preferably, get a 2016 or higher models for unlimited features.
Alternative Ways to Use Hulu App on Your Samsung TV
You might want to opt for a cheaper, alternative way to use Hulu if you can’t afford to buy an entirely new TV. So here are some methods you can try to stream Hulu on your Samsung TV.
#1: Use Streaming Devices
There are few streaming devices  you can use that support the Hulu app. Here are the best of them:
- Amazon Fire TV Stick
- Roku Streaming Stick
These devices are relatively simple to set up:
- Just plug one end of the HDMI cable into the player (the other end will be plugged into the HDMI port of your TV).
- Then plug one end of the power adapter cable into the player too (the other end will be plugged into the socket).
- Open your TV and set it to which HDMI port you’re using.
- And the TV will automatically load the device.
What’s great about these less-than-$50 devices is they also let you use other online streaming services other than Hulu. And they even have more apps than Samsung.
#2 Watch via Laptop With the Use of HDMI
You can directly watch movies on your laptop if you don’t want to spend money at all. You’ll only need an HDMI cable here.
- Connect your laptop to your Samsung TV using the cable.
- Open the source of the TV display and select the HDMI port you’re using.
And you’ll be able to stream Hulu from your laptop.
Hopefully, we were able to help you find your missing Hulu app. If you still can’t find the Hulu app on your Samsung TV, don’t worry since there are other ways to stream Hulu online other than relying solely on the Samsung TV apps store.
For more Samsung TV tips and tricks, you can also check these related pages: