A Samsung Smart TV has an in-built speaker but the internal volume capacity is restricted. Without knowledge on how to integrate it with your TV, your system sound can detract, resulting in poor audio quality. Our audio experts will guide you on how to connect a Samsung Smart TV to your home theater for a better and enhanced listening experience.
How To Connect Your Samsung Smart TV to a Home Theater
1. Digital Optical Connection
The digital optical connection is an excellent option for audio. This is simply a physical connection that uses fiber optics to transmit audio data from a compatible device to a playback device, through specially built connectors and cable.
Here’s how you can establish a connection using digital optical.
- Connect your Samsung smart TV digital optical audio output to the matching digital optical audio input on your home theater
- Access a 2 or 5.1 channel non-decoded audio signal on your Samsung Smart TV, which your home theater can decode correctly.
- Hear the sound coming from your home theater’s speakers.
- Adjust the audio quality settings on your tv. Search for the alternative named PCM to resolve the problem.
2. RCA Connection
Another method to connect a Samsung smart TV is through an RCA connection. If you want to improve the audio quality of your TV, this is the most straightforward choice. It is just a matter of linking your TV’s analog stereo output, also known as RCA outputs, to the appropriate external audio system.
Here’s how you can establish a connection using RCA.
- Connect the mini-stereo plug (3.5mm) to your TV’s audio output using the analog stereo cables.
- Then connect the RCA cables from your TV to a specific matching audio output on the home theater receiver.
- Switch on the home theater system and follow the on-screen directions. This will allow you to check for any extra audio settings.
- Hear the audio, by choosing the input on your home theater system.
- Connect via a 3.5mm or 1/8-inch mini-jack if your system lacks an RCA. If this is the case, add the stereo mini-jack to the RCA cable adapter.
3. HDMI Connection
This Audio Return Channel (ARC) is another excellent method of linking your Samsung Smart TV to your home theater. If you want to use this connection, your Smart TV must have an HDMI-ARC  input (which most Samsung smart TVs have).
Here’s how you can connect them.
- Determine if your TV has an HDMI-ARC port. On the back of a Samsung TV, this port is typically called ARC.
- Switch off your Samsung smart tv and your home theater to avoid any problems when linking the two.
- Attach the HDMI cable to both your home theater’s HDMI-ARC output and your TV’s HDMI connection.
- Turn on your Samsung smart TV and your home theater and check if the connection established is successful.
Bluetooth can also be used to transmit audio from your TV to your home theater. This choice is advantageous since no cable is needed. The whole connection is wireless. You can conveniently connect using the Samsung Share button on your Smart TV in this process.
- Here’s how you can connect them using Bluetooth:
- On your smart TV’s remote control, press the home button. Then, choose Settings. Pick the sound menu and then the sound output selection from the displayed panel.
- Choose the speaker list to which you want your TV to connect. You must ensure that your Bluetooth device is turned on and in pairing mode.
- Choose the pair and connect option.
- When both the smart TV and home theater systems have finished pairing, click OK.
- If all went as planned, you should have been able to link the two devices.
Why does my Samsung TV say audio out?
Your Samsung TV will show audio out if the connected home theater device is not configured to read the optical signal properly. Or maybe the Samsung smart TV is not tuned to a digital channel. Our experts noticed that this problem will also arise if the optical cable is not properly wired.
Can I connect external speakers to my Samsung Smart TV?
Yes, you can connect your Samsung smart TV to external speakers to enhance the sound quality and experience. You can do so by hooking up the devices to your Samsung Smart TV via compatible connections.
Samsung TVs have excellent audio quality, most of us would like to improve it by attaching our smart TV to an external sound system. All we have to do is choose one of the four options listed by our expert audiophiles on how to connect Samsung smart tv to home theater.
For seamless home theater setup, these guides and hacks might be helpful for you: