A Vizio smart TV unit displays great images with color quality, and it comes with preinstalled apps together with a remote control.
But not all Vizio TVs share the same remote buttons. If you want to install programs to your liking, our TV techs will detail how to add apps to Vizio TV without the V button.
Vizio TV Model Types and Features: Which TV Do I Have?
Vizio smart TVs have a variety of model types. With this in mind, its features can limit certain options for you when it comes to downloading additional applications.
Make sure you know how to access smart TV features. Here are the common TV platforms available for a Vizio TV:
SmartCast with Apps
The Vizio SmartCast app platform is for Vizio Smartcast HD TVs released after 2018 on 4K UHD TVs manufactured between the years 2016 and 2017.
SmartCast Without Apps
This OS is on Vizio Smartcast TV that was released between the years 2016 and 2017.
Vizio Internet Apps Plus (VIA Plus)
The Vizio Internet Apps Plus (VIA Plus) was utilized for Vizio TV models released from 2013 to 2017. It uses the connected TV Store to download and install new apps.
Vizio Internet Apps (VIA)
Vizio Internet Apps (VIA) was utilized for models of most Vizio TVs that were manufactured before 2013.
Method #1: Use the Vizio Internet Apps Plus
Downloading apps to your wireless displays should not be complicated. This method will help you learn to add apps to Vizio TV without a V button. This method uses the Vizio Internet Apps store platform, which is intended for units manufactured from 2013 to 2017.
Follow these steps to download additional apps to your TV from the TV’s app store:
- Turn the TV unit ON and make sure that the unit is connected to a strong and secure WiFi network.
- On the Vizio TV remote control, press the HOME button twice. The VIA app will be flashed on the screen.
- Manipulate the options until you reach ALL APPS and SEARCH for the app you intend to install.
- Choose the app and press the OK button on the TV remote control to install the app
Method #2: Download Apps Using Screencast
Another method to explore downloading additional apps is by using screencast. It is a screen mirroring method to show apps on your Vizio smart TV. You can do this using your laptop, android, or iOS mobile.
Laptop to Vizio TV
You can screencast content from your laptop or computer to your Vizio television. Make sure to connect both devices to a stable and strong WiFi connection. Then proceed with the following steps:
- Turn your Vizio TV ON
- Launch your preferred browser on your laptop and select the More option found at the upper right corner of the screen
- Choose CAST among the options of the dropdown menu and select Vizio TV from the list of devices.
- Manipulate the website from your streaming device, and you can stream the content, which should flash on your Vizio TV interface.
Screenshare With iPhone or iPad
You can screencast using your Apple devices, like an iPhone or your iPad. You can use AirPlay to cast the content from your iOS device to the Vizio unit from Airplay streaming apps. The mobile cast is easy.
Cast these streaming apps from your Apple devices to your Vizio TV through Airplay by following these steps:
- Make sure that the devices are connected to the same Wifi  network.
- On your mobile device, launch the streaming app or google chrome browser, and also do not forget to log in to your account
- Stream and watch your preferred TV show or movie, then tap the apple Airplay icon found in the upper right corner of the screen
- Turn your Vizio TV ON and press the V button found on the remote control. Go to Extras, then Airplay, then make sure that it is toggled ON.
- Select the Vizio TV from the Airplay devices. The content played on your device will be flashed on your Vizio television.
Screencast Apps From Android Phone
To perform this process in an Android operating system, make sure that the television and mobile devices are connected to the same wireless network. Once this is done, proceed with these steps:
- Make sure that the devices are connected to the same wi fi network
- Launch the streaming app on your phone. In addition, log in to your account as well
- Stream a movie or a TV series, then press the CAST button found at the top right of the screen.
- Turn the Vizio television ON and choose the device list. The content on your mobile phone will be casted to your television
Method #3: Use Chromecast or Roku
You can also use a streaming player such as a Chromecast or Roku to stream content from a web browser’s screen.
- Launch the Google Play Store from your device
- Locate the Chromecast app you want to cast on the Vizio TV and proceed to install the app.
- Open the installed app and choose the Cast device icon, then choose your Vizio TV, and the content will be on the unit
Method #4: Sideload Apps With a Flash Drive
Another method to install apps externally to your unit is by sideloading apps. This can be carried out, and download apps on Vizio by using a trusted third party. It is good to remember that you will need a flash drive to store the APK.
Here are the simple steps to download and install apps by sideloading:
- Turn your computer ON and slot the flash drive into the computer as well
- Launch and open your preferred browser and to a secure and trusted APK site to search and download your intended app from the dedicated app store
- Download the APK and save it on your flash drive. Then eject the flash drive from your computer
- Turn OFF the Vizio TV and remove the power cord from the socket
- Plug in your flash drive, then reconnect the power cord back in
- Turn your television ON and allow the unit to recognize your flash drive
- Install the APK and check the list of apps on your unit if it is included
This method will not require you to use a remote control.
Method #5: Utilize Your TV’s Buttons
Installing apps using your TV is also possible. You can also utilize your television’s buttons to access the Play store and download the apps you would like to install. Follow these easy steps to do this:
- Ensure that the TV is connected to a stable and strong internet connection
- Look for the input button and hold it down and press it together with the volume down on the TV
- Go to the Home screen and examine the apps installed on the device
- Locate the ALL APPS category to look for the application you wish to download
- Press the OK button once you have found the app and install it
Top Apps on Vizio TVs
How to Delete Apps on Your Vizio TV
You can also delete downloaded apps or pre-installed apps from Vizio smart TVs. The deletion is similar to how you install apps. Here are the steps to removing apps on your Vizio unit:
- On the TV remote, press the Home button two times
- This will show the apps installed in the unit on your TV’s wireless display
- Look for the apps you would like to remove
- Once you have found the app, click OK
- Click the uninstall on the homepage and wait for the removal process to conclude
Where can I find the V button on my Vizio remote?
You can find the V button at the center of your Vizio remote. Look at the front of the tv remote till you find the V button.
Do all Vizio TV units come with volume controls?
All Vizio TVs come with volume controls on the unit itself. However, sometimes these controls are on hard-to-reach areas. It is best to read the user’s manual to help you.
Will I be able to download more apps on a Vizio Smart TV?
You will be able to download apps on Vizio TV. However, the TV model dictates the download options and platforms to download from.
What are the remote control codes for a Vizio TV?
Here are some remote control codes for a Vizio TV, including the following 502, 627, 004, 113, 505, and 011, to name a few.
Purchasing Vizio TVs are a good investment. It’s a quality piece of technology that comes with built-in apps, like Netflix, Youtube, Pluto TV, and Hulu, among others.
It’s understandable that you want to customize applications that will suit your preference. So, learning how to add apps to Vizio TVs without the V button will help you install additional programs to your liking.