Most Samsung TVs launched in 2016 or later are compatible with the Disney Plus streaming service. But what if you have an older Samsung Smart TV? Can you access Disney Plus from it?
Don’t worry; you can still stream Disney Plus App on your old TV model. Our TV geeks will guide you on how to get Disney Plus on an older Samsung Smart TV.
Why Can't I Find Disney Plus on my Samsung TV?
You can’t find Disney Plus on Samsung TV because it isn’t available on Samsung TV models that use an older Orsay OS or a built-in web browser. That’s any TV model released from 2015 or before.
It is only compatible with Samsung TVs running the Tizen operating system.
How to Find Out if Your Samsung TV Can Support Disney Plus
To find out if your Samsung Smart TV supports Disney Plus, refer to the steps below:
- Get your Samsung remote and tap the “Menu” key to access your TV’s main dashboard.
- Navigate to the older Samsung TV’s home screen and go to “Apps.”
- Select the “Search” option (with the magnifying glass icon) within the apps menu using the remote control.
- Use the on-screen keyboard, type Disney+ App on the search bar, and press the “Enter” key.
- Once the Disney Plus application appears in the search results, select “Install” to install Disney on the older Samsung TV.
- But if the Disney Plus App doesn’t show up in the search box, either the Samsung TV is incompatible with the application or Disney+ is not available in your particular region.
To get the best viewing experience, make sure you have a high-speed internet connection.
How to Download Disney Plus on Old Samsung Smart TV Models
Method #1: Fire TV or Fire Stick
- Hold down the “Home” button of the Amazon Fire TV remote.
- Navigate to “Menu” and select “Apps.”
- Then, select the “Disney Plus” app under streaming apps.
Alternatively, you can use the voice search button on your TV remote.
Method #2: Roku
If this is the first time you use Roku on your old Samsung television, here’s how you can go about it:
- Power on your Roku device, then choose “Streaming Channels” from the left-hand pane.
- Select “Seach Channels,” then input Disney+ in the search box.
- When the app appears, click it, then select “Add Channel.”
- Now, select Disney+ App from the home screen.
Method #3: Xbox One
To get Disney Plus on an older Samsung Smart television via Xbox One, it’s as simple as the following:
- Navigate to the home screen and select the “Store” tab.
- Once you’re in the Microsoft Store, navigate to “Seach.”
- Enter Disney+ in the search box.
- When the app appears, confirm you want to install the Disney+ App.
Method #4: PS4 or PS5
Using your PS4 or PS5, follow the steps below:
- Access the “Playstation Store” and click go to the search box.
- Type Disney Plus then hit “Enter.”
- Once the app appears, click “Download.”
- Then, log in using your credentials.
Method #5: Chromecast
Using Chromecast, you can stream Disney Plus via wireless connection from your Android phone or iPhone to your old Samsung TV. Just perform the following instructions:
- Attach your Chromecast to the HDMI port on your Samsung TV.
- Then, connect the ends of the USB cable to the Chromecast and wall adapter.
- Plug your wall adapter and power on the Samsung TV.
- Now, using your TV remote, navigate to the same HDMI port where you plug the Chromecast.
- Set up the device by connecting your Chromecast and Smartphone within the same WiFi connection.
6. Launch Disney Plus on your TV and sign up or log in using your credentials.
7. Click the cast icon located in the upper right pane to see the list of all the available casting devices.
8. From the displayed list, choose your older Samsung TV unit.
9. Finally, select any video and press play to start watching Disney content.
Method #6: Apple TV
To get Disney+ via Apple TV, note that you need to run at least 4th gen or later to proceed. Disney App is incompatible with older Apple TVs, which don’t have access to the App Store.
- On the App Store search box, enter Disney Plus and tap “Get the Icon” to download and install the application.
- Go back to your Apple TV’s apps screen and look for the Disney+ application.
- Open the application and log in.
- You can now watch Disney+ content.
Method #7: HDMI Cable Connection
With an HDMI connection cable, you can connect your PC and TV.
- Get your HDMI cable. Plug it into your Samsung TV’s HDMI port.
- The content should show up on the screen after switching the TV to the proper HDMI input.
Why Won't I Still Get Disney Plus on My Old Samsung TV?
If you’re still unable to get Disney Plus on your Samsung Smart TVs, there might be some problem with the external streaming device. Contact Disney’s support team for further assistance.
How can I download Disney Plus on a 2014 Samsung Smart TV?
For these older TV models, you can only access the application using external streaming devices like Roku, Fire TV, Chromecast, or gaming consoles .
How can I download Disney Plus on my older smart TV?
You can’t download the Disney Plus application directly on old smart TVs. You need external streaming devices like a Roku streaming device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Chromecast, etc.
With this guide, you now know why the Disney Plus application isn’t showing up on your older Samsung TV. You don’t necessarily have to buy a brand new TV to watch Disney Plus content. You just need to know the steps to get the Disney Plus App on your older Samsung TV.